H1N1 Swine Flu WTS Letter

by straightshooter 5 Replies latest forum tech-support

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife said that a letter from the WTS was read at the KH yesterday.

She said that ones are fearful about the upcoming winter viruses in the U.S. Therefore the WTS recommended that ones cough and sneeze into ones clothing, elbow, but not into ones hands. If one is sick, then do not come to the KH. The WTS recommended washing ones hands. Also the BOE received a separate letter.

She told me that after the letter was read that this little girl started coughing without covering her mouth. The sister in the next row turned around and gave an angry look at the sister and the little girl behind her. Maybe the separate letter to the BOE says to DF anyone who does not cover their mouth properly when coughing or sneezing.

I am surprised that the WTS did not ban the shaking of hands at the KH.

• sir82
    sir82

Only in JW-land would adults wait until they got permission from 9 strangers in Brooklyn to consider staying home when sick.

Only in Bethel would anyone think the R&F so imbecilic that they would need to be specifically told to stay home when sick.

Talk about your symbiotic relationships!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Duh!!!

Sylvia

• dissed
    dissed

That's it, I quit going. Wait, I haven't been in 13 years. Well, just another reason not to go.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I suppose the WTS felt that like everything else, the sheep had no clue how to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze and needed to be told this as well.

What WOULD they do without Mother Borg? tsk... wipe their boogers all over the back of the chair in front of them at the Kingdom Hall maybe? Sneeze all over the microphone before handing it back to the ministerial servant? Yes...poor stupid sheep...need to be told everything.

• undercover
    undercover

This letter serves a dual purpose.

First, it gives the air of authority. The GB has spoken: Cover your mouths when you cough, you dumb sheeple. And the sheeple obeyed the voice of the GB.

Second, it serves up some more fear. Thanks to the media hype, the H1N1 (swine flu) is getting a lot of attention and as usual a segment of society gets over excited and scared. Here's a chance for the GB to subvertly point to this pestilence as another sign of the end. They don't come out and say it, of course, but because they went to the trouble of having a letter read explaining how to cover your mouth and "allowing" people to stay home if sick, it causes the dubs to put 2 and 2 together...one of their favorite pastimes... and they'll try to read between the lines that the GB knows something they don't. It's not a stretch to imagine a lot of dubs coming to the conclusion that the end is even more imminent because of this action on the GB's part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit