What do you think....can they???

by Heartbreaker 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teel
    teel

sunrising: very well said. One who is disfellowshipped on the grounds of doctrine could (or should) feel that he is on the path of the few, and people hate him, because he chose Jesus instead of teachings of men.

Edit, an answer to Heartbreaker from my point of view: I feel the WTBTS indeed showed some sound reasoning to some Bible doctrines. Even though I don't trust it as the ultimate Truth(tm), I accept for example that a loving God would not torment people eternally for sins made in a couple of decades. So this sort of makes them God's channel. However seeing the history of the Society, I regard these teachings as not coming from God's personal direction, but from careful examination of the Scriptures. And as such, they can fail on some interpretations, and I won't take anything from them at face value, just like I won't take it from anyone else.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I enjoyed what you put sunrising, thanks for that. I myself do only fear Jah, not the elders definately not. They are serving for our interests.

But ive taken on board what you have said and i hear you, thankyou :))

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Heartbreaker, yes...definitely. The Wt has a double standard- one for outsiders and one for themself. Trying to use their own rules aginst them would be considered causing divisions. Absolutely.

AE:

is that why you would repent for something you did not do, to avoid being disfellowshipped? Because you fear the GB's jehovah, as opposed to the elders? Just wondering.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

IC pm me..... explain and i'll answer..

Having prob posting...its taking a few attemps, unsure why????

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

am I IC? If so, ok. I didn't know though, I would have thought IA...let me know

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• JWoods
    JWoods

The hard reality is that a person can be disfellowshipped for just about anything if they want to badly enough.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yh...soz meant IA your initials....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well I guess it could be Isaa Caustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit