untitled

by Too Opinionated 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

Wow! This is the first time I've ever seen any publicity about a JW assembly in our little newspaper.

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/article/20090928/WRT10/909280328

It's wierd to see the names of people who stood up in our wedding and traveled overseas with us listed, since they all turned their backs on us. Glad to see they are remaining "steadfast".

I've been gone so long I didn't realize the congregation was split. This is such a small town I have a hard time believing they have the numbers to support it.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Once you're out, it's kind of weird to think that life goes on for those people. My boyfriend gave me the tour of his small hometown and I was surprised when we passed a KH. He said, "Why, you want to go back?" NO! It's just that you wake up and realize what BS it all is, and it's surprising to be confronted with the fact that anyone believes it at all, let alone enough people to warrant a KH in a tiny town.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Amazingly people continue to become part of the WTS.

But remember when a JW talks to an individual they do not highlight the child abuse that has occurred in the WTS nor do they talk about blood transfusions being wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit