Witness Pioneer claims mom allowed HER to choose to say "Hail Hitler" or not....did you have a choice?

by Witness 007 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watchtower study edition june 15 2009 p.3 gives the lifestory of Ruth Danner who was a Witness youth in Nazi Germany. She claims: "......Rather than tell me not to salute Hitler, my parents helped me train my conscience. So ON MY OWN I decided to not give the Nazi salute....my mother said "YOU decide, do what YOU think is right....{father} we love you and you always will be our daughter {before disfellowshiped was invented!} the issue is between you and Jehovah...."

Did you have a choice? What would happen if you decided to "give Hitler his salute"? Would your Witness parents still love you? I think this article is a big load of crap Witness propaganda that has no basis in Watchtower reality.

• US1t6D
    US1t6D

Of course this is crap and mind control. "It is your choice if you want to live in paradise or not".

• villabolo
    villabolo

What I don't get is what the Watchtower is trying to say with this. Is this situation with the Hitler salute like Mexico where JWs are told it's up to them to decide about bribing officials to get out of military service? Or is it like Malawi where there is no choice except that they are playing mind games?

villabolo

• dinah
    dinah

The Watchtower is trying to cover its own ass. That shit didn't happen.

it's all about control............control your congregation control, control..........

• dinah
    dinah

Somebody look it up, but I remember the WT saying if someone in a concentration camp signed a waiver denoucning Jehovah...............

• dinah
    dinah

Somebody look it up, but I remember the WT saying if someone in a concentration camp signed a waiver denoucning Jehovah...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit