Tried and Failed methods of Field Service...

by vilot 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vilot
    vilot

***w051/1pp.16-17par.22TrainedtoGiveaThoroughWitness***

Paul wrote: “Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!” (1 Corinthians 9:16) He was not casual about the good news because preaching it meant life for himself and his hearers. (1 Timothy 4:16) We view our ministry in the same way. We want to help our neighbors. We want to show our love for Jehovah. We want to prove our love for Jesus and our appreciation for his great love for us. Hence, we preach the good news and thus live “no more for the desires of men, but for God’s will.”—1 Peter 4:1,2.

If they truely want to help their neighbors with a thorough witness why stick with the "tried and failed" methods they use, why not night field service when people are ACTUALLY home...

• asilentone
    asilentone

If I was a child all over again under my JW parents roof, if I had the choice, I would rather not go in field service in the morning, I would prefer to go later in the day, so I can sleep some more!

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

If the message they teach is so important, why not use the televison? Or make it available on-line to anyone? The reason why is because they are a printing company and need to sell their magazines, books, brochures, and tracts.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Television and radio ads are very expensive, and you have dubs wearing out their vehicles, driving all across the land at no cost to the publishing company. It is obvious what is more important to the publishing company, effective advertizing or free advertizing.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Jesus said do not go from house to house; so why is that their main way of preaching?

• asilentone
    asilentone

pp, show me the scripture that Jesus told them not to go from house to house.

• skin
    skin

He won't show you it because there isn't one...

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I guess PP was referring to this scripture.

(Luke 10:7) 7 So stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they provide, for the worker is worthy of his wages. Do not be transferring from house to house.

Bangalore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In this age of the Internet, there is no reason to waste all that money in field circus. For about what it costs to do one day's worth of field circus (and that assumes you don't waste even more money writing letters), you could start and host a Web page that would have about as much effect or more (plus it would stay up much longer). By the time one is done with vehicle wear and breakage, gas wasted, suit dry cleanings, going to McDonald's for lunch every day, and the toll on one's health, it would be better to simply go online and do it that way. Yet the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will not have it that way.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@skin - scripture citation fail? Luke 10:7

NIV©Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.
    NAS©"Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you; for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not keep moving from house to house.
    ISV©Stay with the same family, eating and drinking whatever they provide, because the worker deserves his pay. Don't move from house to house.
    GWT©Stay with the family that accepts you. Eat and drink whatever they offer you. After all, the worker deserves his pay. Do not move around from one house to another.
    KJVAnd in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
    AKJAnd in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
    ASVAnd in that same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
    BBEAnd keep in that same house, taking what food and drink they give you: for the worker has a right to his reward. Do not go from house to house.
    DRBAnd in the same house, remain, eating and drinking such things as they have: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Remove not from house to house.
    DBYAnd in the same house abide, eating and drinking such things as they have; for the workman is worthy of his hire. Remove not from house to house.
    ERVAnd in that same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
    WBSAnd in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
    WEYAnd in that same house stay, eating and drinking at their table; for the labourer deserves his wages. Do not move from one house to another.
    WEBRemain in that same house, eating and drinking the things they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Don't go from house to house.
    YLTAnd in that house remain, eating and drinking the things they have, for worthy is the workman of his hire; go not from house to house,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit