Tax Deductible Contributions To World Wide Pedophile Fund?

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I don't know if this has been discussed here in the past. I could not find any references to it in the search panel. Do jw's give a contributor a receipt for their contributions at the door? Like how Goodwill does.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, the amounts the householders give is too trivial to get a tax break--giving $5 for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund is not going to significantly lower your basis for tax. And, if your income is on the high end of a multiple of $50, it will make no difference unless the donation is enough to bring it below the next $50 multiple. Obviously, you would not be able to deduct money you forward from the householders on your own income tax.

A major donation would require a receipt. If someone chooses to donate $250 or more to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, they would in fact need a receipt to back it up, so they could get the tax deduction (and a $250 donation is more likely to make a significant difference on your tax bill than the $1 and $2 donations that are more common).

Either way, I would rather pay it as income tax than to protect pedophiles--and it's cheaper. A $250 donation will save the average person only 28% of that, or $70 (plus you have to itemize your deductions). Would you spend $250 just to save $70?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit