untitled

by Rocky_Girl 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Matthew 7:18-20 says:

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." NASV

When I was a JW I would look at charities and not see the good being done because I was conditioned to think that only JWs did good and all others were evil and acting out of selfish intent. Now I see people who do good for others simply because they want to help.

My sons were watching a Disney movie yesterday and I came in and sat down when I heard the music and recognized my childhood favorite, "The Little Mermaid." Nic asked me why Ariel couldn't just talk to the human because he isn't a bad guy. He couldn't understand why her dad thought all humans were bad. We talked about how sometimes we judge other groups based on the actions of a few. It was a good lesson for Nic to learn, especially when his father is trying to turn him into a JW and judge all those, including me, as being worldly and evil and deserving of death by God's hand. I also saw a deeper meaning in the way Ariel kept objects from humans and could see that there was some good in that world high above her, even though she was raised to believe that they were all evil monsters. How could they make such beautiful things if they were evil?

When I look at all of the good things done on this earth in the name of humanity and various religious groups, I can see that we cannot be corrupt as humans if we are doing good for others. It reinforces my belief that all religions have their bad moments, and so God cannot expect us to overlook those things to be part of ANY 'true faith.' I believe that God will judge us individually and that we will all be surprised at who he/she is like. My faith lies in the human spirit and the way we instinctively help others in trouble.

Just my humble opinion,

Angie

• alanv
    alanv

Angie you are so right. There is more money given today to charities than ever before. Not only that there are millions of people who give their time and effort totally free. Because of this pravtically any modern day problem in every day has help in the form of a charity.

The answer you get from a JW is people give for selfish reasons or because they feel guilty. With the witnesses it only needs one bad thing to happen to someone on earth and that means everything is bad. That as you say is how they have been conditioned. Thank God we are out of that now.

• jonathanconway
    jonathanconway

Angie you are so right. There is more money given today to charities than ever before. Not only that there are millions of people who give their time and effort totally free. Because of this pravtically any modern day problem in every day has help in the form of a charity.

This is really evil when you think about it.

Money that could have otherwise gone to charities (which are actually putting food in children's mouths or trying to find a cure for AIDS, etc) instead goes to the selfish Watchtower bigots, who then use it to propogate their message even further.

Sure, some of it will go to volunteers, who will then spend some of it on actual aid, and the rest on kingdom halls. But even in that case, only a small proportion of the money is going to practical causes. The rest is funding a destructive, dangerous cult.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Rocky_Girl.

I pointed out about that "evil fruit" recently.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/180518/2/Judge-Rutherford-Cadillac

I have pointed out also about that "good fruit" of theirs.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/180979/1/Kingdom-song-149

I think that God does not judge people by only people's appearance and actions, IMO.
    Because Jesus said also like this,

Matt 23:27 (NASV)
    "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

possible

• Perry
    Perry
    I believe that God will judge us individually

Good point. This is what God himself says. The idea that there will be a collective judgment by a person's social affiliation is nowhere in the bible. It is a religious invention that conveniently props up the organization.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Thanks for your comments. It's funny how I now look back and see how blind I was. It boggles the mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit