Lawrence Beamen - America's Got Talent an ex-JW??

by AdaMakawee 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Tonight while watching the show in the promo leading up to his performance, Lawrence talked about being raised in a cult (he did not use that exact word) but said he was always told he was not good enough, also that he was brainwashed. Made me think perhaps he is an ex JW too. Anyone know anything about him? He's from the Walnut Creek CA area now but apparently grew up in Mississippi.

Ada

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_13270183?nclick_check=1

Quote from the above link, his local newspaper:

Is it any wonder, then, that Beamen is determined "to live in the now"? Fiercely guarding his privacy, he's reluctant to discuss why his parents banished him from their Oakland home while in his teens ("They are very supportive now. Mom calls every day to see if I'm OK."). And he doesn't say much about a short-lived marriage he entered into at 18 ("It lasted five years, but, mentally, I left after three.").

Could be.

Ada

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My ears perked up when he said that, too! My wife just played it off. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Inquiring minds want to know!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I emailed him. He's an amazing talent, have you seen his website? www.lawrencebeamen.com he's very versatile.

Ada

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

It will be interesting to see if he responds. My first thought was 'ex-jw maybe?', when I saw the clip last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit