To Christians....

by homeschool 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• homeschool
    homeschool

What do you call God? Do you call Him YaWeh? If you believe in calling Him by his Hebrew name, then do you feel the same way about Jesus? Just wonderin'...

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

I call him Father.

• Perry
    Perry

Christians have always prayed to Jesus as God.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness : God was manifest in the flesh , justified in the Spirit , seen of angels , preached unto the Gentiles , believed on in the world , received up into glory .

The oldest surviving fragment of an early Christian liturgical prayer is probably "Our Lord, come" (Maranatha, I Corinthians 16:22; compare Revelation 22:20); it implies that prayer was addressed to the risen, glorified Christ. The Aramaic title Mar or Lord (Greek Kyrios; I Corinthians 12:3) was a term or title regularly used in religious worship. (Encyclopedia Americana, Trinity, p116)

We are commanded to pray to Jesus: Jn 14:14; James 1:1-7; 1 Cor 1:2; Eph 5:19; Acts 8:22
    We have apostolic examples of praying to Jesus: Rev 22:20, 2 Cor 12:7-9, Acts 7:54-60; Acts 8:24
    We have necessary inferences of pray to Jesus: 1 Jn 5:11-15, Acts 1:24; Heb 7:25

• Chalam
    Chalam

"Lord", "Father", "Jesus", "Holy Spirit", "Pops".

It doesn't matter what you call your father. He knows when you are talking to him and any affectionate name is well received.

I never use Yahweh but there is a song using this name I like a lot.

Chris Tomlin - Exalted (Yahweh) [with lyrics]

I have only had issues with the name "Jehovah" since I ran into the JWs and checked out their beliefs :(

All the best,

Stephen

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Why all the masculine names???????? Why not Mother, Godess of Nature, Gramma???? personally It think trying to label god as male or female is just plain sexist! why dose god need to one or the other????

• passwordprotected
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Why all the masculine names???????? Why not Mother, Godess of Nature, Gramma???? personally It think trying to label god as male or female is just plain sexist! why dose god need to one or the other????

The thread is addressed to Christians so the answers will come from people who follow Christ. Christ instructed us to pray to our Father in heaven.

Why not ask God why he chose the masculine gender to reveal himself to the Jews and Christians?

• homeschool
    homeschool

I appreciate your answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit