The Sheep and the Shepherds.

by acolytes 8 Replies latest jw friends

• acolytes
    acolytes

The Shepherds have the "Truth" and they hand down their Version of "Truth" and those Shepherds sit at the top of the Organisation.

The Shepherds know everything about the organisation. As you come down from the peak you meet more and more people who know less and less about how the organisation works. The shepherdsensure that everyone lower down the organisation know only their own individual contribution to the organisation. As a result most of them think their work is quite innocent because they are not allowed to know how their work fits in the organisation to create something that is evil.

This submission to anothers view makes the humun a robot. And yet we did it as Witnesses so is it possible we still do it in other aspects of our lifes. Ie does the media still control our thinking. ? Do we really know the agenda of our eployees.? Do we defend our company organisation when we know what is doing is wrong?

Acolytes

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome acolytes.

Yes, that is something I am much more aware of in my life now. I got fired from my job a few months ago for standing up for principles rather than just doing what I was told. I'm trying to improve my thinking and reasoning ability so I can tell when something is truthful and logical, or when someone is just using persuasive but false reasoning.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Thanks for the welcome.

An important question to ask oneself is "Who benifits" from me doing what Iam doing.

Ie a Bank Manager sells you an interest only mortgage. Who benifits the Bank . The bank manager may belive he is benifiting his customer. The truth is the bank is benifiting. His loyalty to his bank has blinded his thinking abilities.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm in the selling business. I have a heart, even though I have to sell to make a living.

I will not push "gimmicks" on customers. I am truthfull and this builds loyalty

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Da cheeh

When I was selling business to business I used the power of the spoken word to control the sales pitch. I created the impression that" my company would develop the sales and growth of theirs. I never questiond the ethics and felt it was the responsibility of their decision maker to make sure his company would genuinly benifit. In most instances I was certain any possible benifit was highly unlikely.( Unless it inadvertanty taught the guy to be more careful with his firms money)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I see the same 400 customers every week.

If I would lie, next years I would have 300

in 2 I would have 200

and in 3 I would have the desperate ones only.

god bless the scammer, if he can fool people twice!

• acolytes
    acolytes

Da Cheeh

If one is a company man and is genuinly able to perserve a relationship with a client for the forseeable future then the company POSSIBLY has a good product and a good salesman.

But what if for example you sold Sun Beds on the mistaken understanding that they didnt cause skin cancer. It is possible to be sincere in ones company and the product but be wrong (Dead Wrong).

Sadly this board is made up of sales persons who were sincere in their product. IAnd we all had a client base of satisfied customers- we named them return-calls and studies- Sadly we now believe we were wrong. TERRIBLY TERRIBLY WRONG.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

well, I was doing that for the WT, and now I don't

if I can't buy the WT pitch, then I will not sell it to others

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

welcome and true.

we all did this for WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit