more and more and more ...like 1984

by ninja 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Quote From the comments on article:

"When individuals protect themselves, provide for themselves, and own their own property, they are free."

This is not true. In the US almost every house has a camera turned on it. Do a map search for any street and if the camera is angled just right, you can almost see into the windows of some homes. Because of the placement of the cameras, if there is live/real time filming, anyone moving about on the premises will be visible.

Who is making all the money on the installations and the film?

Follow the money, folks.

• marmot
    marmot

Uh, cam, you DO know how google street view works, right? It's not a permanent video camera, it's a vehicle-mounted rig that drives around taking 360-degree still photos. It's a very slow and labor-intensive process but even so, people have successfully protested its use due to privacy concerns (several cases in the UK and Canada) so it's not as if Google has an all-powerful Eye of Sauron looking at you while you take a dump.

• Farkel
    Farkel

cameo-d,

:This is not true. In the US almost every house has a camera turned on it

Rubbish. (At least it is for now.)

Farkel

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Yes, I know Google is stationary.

I happened on something several months ago that was a local live feed. I am assuming it might have been CCTV. It was showing real time traffic. One of the views had homes that were close to the highway and it seemed a little too revealing for comfort.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Cameo,

Are they watching you? Your subversive ideas have been noted. You're going down!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

shamus: "Cameo, Are they watching you? Your subversive ideas have been noted. You're going down! "

Ha. Doesn't bother me. I am the one who mooned the blimp...if you ever see it anywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit