Love of Music reaches the Soul (most I listed are Rock or Medal some Pop)

by Butterflyleia85 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I love music and I totally dig lyrics that go in tune with my life.

When i got DF...

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

Avril Lavigne - Nobody's home

Stone Sour - Bother

Linkin Park - Given Up

Paramore - My Heart (to the guy that I streached out for and got myself into DF problems)

and geez even my sister (not baptised JW but still a regulary attending) buzzed a song on her MySpace...

Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On (It got to me and I cried when she said it was for her big sister on the blog)

Buckcherry - Everything (my exBF that was trying to leave me when things got crazy with me and my religion)

Stabbing Westward - Save yourself (my exBF again trying to let go)

I get angery or down and want to listen to this for release...

Sevendust - Under

Flyleaf - So I thought

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

and to get back in I call out to JW...

Three Days Grace - Never to Late

Journey - Separate Ways (then to make it clear we moved on my exBF put on his myspace)

Anybody have any to add and love!! I love to look them up and hear them!

• undercover
    undercover

You should check out Johnny Cash's version of Hurt...and the video. Powerful stuff.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I clicked on this subject expecting some metal.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha you sound like my fiancee.... sorry my bad, I guess when I say "that's screamo" he cracks up and says "no that's not" and then plays some screamo to me! omg your prob a guy and yeah if your a metal head no this aren't quite metal but hard rock. I just said metal because to the more mellow music fans like me I consider "hard rock same as metal"! hahaha to funny!

And yeah I love Johnny Cash - HURT!!! My fiancee has his CD!! Good Stuff!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Right now I'm mostly listening to anything that sounds like it could be featured on So You Think You Can Dance? I could listen to Black Eyed Peas "I got a feelin'" over and over again.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Le roux....shes great. I love all music actually,kelly clarkeson is great :)).....im playing dance album at the mo its great...

Hope your dancing :)

• dudeson
    dudeson

No worries. I'm really not the type who corrects people and says, "Oh that's not metal. That's more hardcore with a twist of thrash and screamo." I really could care lesss for genre classification. I sometimes jab people who say that bands like papa roach are metal just to mess with them and make myself LOOK smart.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Well well .... so since you think your smart stuff why dont you add a couple of good metal songs for muah.

In the class of Metalica, Disturbed, Godsmack... (am I doing better) lol

And yeah I think I can say I pretty much like all music it's my fiance , cuz and even my sis that pulls me more to the hard rock, emo punk, classic rock stuff... Lol

My sister loves punk, she plays acoustic, and was asked to sing in a rock band but of course being a JW, Elders said not good (funny mom was ok with it) and she didn't do it, she didn't want to looked bad at I guess.

My cuz was going through a phase in high school all he talked about was bands and skateboarding!! haha He played electric! He was hularious to me cause I use to get on his nerves and blast R&B or my girlie music just despite him! hahaha

My fiance took Rock music for a class in college, didn't even know there was such thing! But he always quizes me on what the name of the band is and what year it came out!

Anyways I love concerts, my fiance and I don't miss one!! We rock out like nun else. It's fun! I kinda have shyed away from pop cause it was my music when I was a single chick dancing the night away with my girls! Now I listen to mostly rock... kinda feel deprived of my girlie stuff tho. lol

• dudeson
    dudeson

Your sister sounds like me in my teens. I was a "skater kid" for a 3 or 4 years and I only listened to punk such as NOFX, Rancid, Pennywise etc. Eventually, through stuff like Zeppelin, Floyd and other classic bands I got into Anthrax(thrash) Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden. These are the essentials to any person who is a metal fan. I do like alot of things other than metal but it is usually my prefernce.

Here's a basic list of cool metal song to check out:

Megadeth: Tornado of Souls, Holy Wars, Peace Sells

Iron Maiden: Hallowed be thy Name, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Anthrax: Caught in a mosh, antisocial

I too started playing guitar when I was about 13 and was in a band composed of all inactive witnesses. I left it a few months ago. We played at bars, local music festivals. No elders ever said anything to us about it. It wouldn't have mattered if they did. The only thing they ever did mention to our drummer was all the drinking we did. We have a local brewery and we have a kergerator in our practice spot which usually has 2 different kinds of beer in it. Nothing was ever done to any of us, just said they heard it was a problem. No problems here!

• four candles
    four candles

Comfortably Numb brought me to tears at a live gig earlier this yearit was so powerful!!! If you wanna be moved stick some Joe Bonamassa on,21st century guitar hero!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit