People of Walmart

by VIII 8 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

This website is mocking the worst dressed customers. Hopefully, none of us show up.

The story behind it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090901/us_time/08599191940100

• moshe
    moshe

Looks like the site is down- too much traffic?

Anyway, I got a peek of the google cache of the website. Ver-ry interesting folks in the checkout, indeed.

• undercover
    undercover

I've seen the site before...hilarious.

I think it became so popular that the host server couldn't handle the traffic.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Welcome to Wal-Mart! Get your crap and get out!

• megs
    megs

The old guy with the breast implants

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It was pretty weird when we got a Walmart in my hometown. It was like early '90s, and all the sudden you go there and you see all these people you never saw before. Like they just popped out of the woodwork. Mullets, torn t-shirts, 400+ pound heavyweights, wearing dirty sweats, sandals, like they've been living in a trailer their entire life, and only come out into the sunshine to retrieve foodstuffs. True troglodytes. Sometimes I wonder if they came with the building.

• VIII
    VIII

When I read the story and tried the link it was down-I'm sure when it hit the news it went crazy. I tried the cache and saw the gal with the finger nails (Yuck--how does she wipe her butt?!).

I tried the link before I put it up and it worked. Sorry about that.

daniel-p, your comments are totally what they point out in the photos.

When I go to Walmart, I am amazed at the sheer number of folks who don't bathe, wear filthy clothing, little clothing, clothing with disgusting things written on them, etc. Then the hair: When I have a bad hair day, I always feel better after I go to Walmart. My worst hair day

The photos on this site really point out that it is worth cleaning up to run to the store no matter what. You never know who is taking a picture now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to shop there when I was a witless--things are cheap there. And, there are a few good values--batteries, electronic devices, razor blades (if you get the generic ones), brand name food items, Christmas decorations, and the like. I go there once in a while, but nowhere near as often as I used to when I was a witless.

The problem is that there are many items there that are simply crap. Most of the clothes I have bought there have had serious issues--usually seam splitting issues. Target is a little better, but I don't like everything being the same (Mossimo). Much of the houseware department is crap that is made in China, that sells for $10 or less, and breaks within a few months (fortunately, most of the electronics are not like that).

Fortunately, I have found a much better place to get my clothes than Wal-Mart. I order them online from L.L.Beans, and I notice hardly a stray thread (things just wear out normally, rather than having seams fail or having things rip). I got a pair of jeans from L.L.Beans, and they wore in unusually high stress areas where I usually carry things and rub heavy things on them or kneel and rub my heels on items in my pockets (even the pockets themselves were in remarkably good condition). I also spent good money at Stonewall Kitchen on good kitchen utensils, and I have bought excellent bathmats, towels, and bed clothes at L.L.Beans.

The best thing: If you go to L.L.Beans, you are not going to see a booth where the witlesses are set up to sell their littera-trash. I don't go to a department or houseware store for a religion--and you will not get one online.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can't get that vid to load, but this is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR4xdLOBsxo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit