Has anyone else heard of this !!!

by twinkle toes 8 Replies latest social current

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I was watching t.v. last night and a commercial for this institute for humancontinuity came up. They are proclaiming the end of the world in 2012 in keeping with the Mayan Calendar. They were encouraging people to go to their site and sign up for a lottery to survive the end of the world.

So of course I am curious. When you go to the site it gives a demonstration of how the sun is going to burn up the earth in a few different possible ways. It also has a page where you can put in your name and contact info so you can be part of the limited population in the new earth that will arise out of the destruction. It even suggests you could be the Leader.

On the bottom of the page it has links to various movie studios, but I did not click on them as they were pop-ups and tend to be vary cautious. One blog I found suggested it was viral site. I don't exactly know what that means but it didn't sound good. I haven't gone back. Anyone else heard of this IHC?

• Big Tex
  • marmot
    marmot

"Viral" doesn't mean you'll get software viruses, it means a surreptitious advertising campaign ie: an ad cloaked as something else.

This is just an ad for the new Hollywood movie called 2012.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Well thanks Now I feel like a total Dork.

Thats what I get for watching the knowledge network. They don't play those trailers during Oprah.lol

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Oh god!!! Don't let the pink haired girl see this.........

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A friend to me:

Of course it will end in 2012, dude the mayan calender stopped at 2012 !!!

Me:

Of course it did, the spanish killed them all, if they were that good at predictions you think they would have seen THAT coming !!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Want to know more about the 2012 craze?

Here is the guy who promoted so much of this. I think this short overview should give you the idea in a nutshell.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/180729/1/None-of-us-ever-have-to-die-Ever

• Twitch
    Twitch

Pretty effective marketing IMO

Got me when I saw it; didn't see the movie link. Not that I believe in 2012 or Mayan predictions but I thought it was some new cult or something.

lol

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    Oh god!!! Don't let the pink haired girl see this.........

That's exactly what went through my head when I got to the website....poor chicken little

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit