This is pretty neat...

by TheSilence 4 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSilence
  • BabaYaga
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

This place is near Chiang Mai in north Thailand. They take in elephants that have been mistreated or are no longer employed (used to be working in logging). At least they are well kept and are still working, which seems is important for their wellbeing.

I stayed in CM for a number of weeks but never went, thinking at the time it was exploitation but have since mellowed and will visit next time...lol

Kinda made me think about eating meat when I watched that. How smart and sentient are animals???

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ha! I'm so happy to see you here, Poppa Doof!

The exploitation thing occurred to me, but there are certainly far worse ways for elephants (or anyone else) to be exploited! I have to wonder at the same time if they might actually enjoy it... elephants in particular really need puzzles and things to keep their minds occupied in captivity.

Yeah... you are so not kidding about the eating sentient beings thing. Good lord. Agh... is is possible to be an enlightened omnivore, do you think?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Yes, I looked at all the paintings on that site. I wouldn't mind having one, actually.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit