Post traumatic stress symptom

by Nicolas 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I was searching informations about stress because I'm a really stressed person and I found out this site. It talk about the reactions of a someone who have lived a stressful events. http://members.aol.com/NamAngel1/trauma.html Here is what they say:" 1. What is trauma?
    The psychiatric definition of "trauma" is "an event outside normal human experience." Trauma generally leaves you feeling powerless, helpless, paralyzed. It tends to be sudden and overwhelming; it "owns" you. You cannot think clearly during and after a severe trauma; at the same time, you are forced to focus your consciousness in an attempt to deal. One author defines trauma as "any sudden and potentially life-threatening event." This refers to one-time traumatic events, but most of it applies to prolonged, repeated trauma as well."

"3. Some instances of prolonged trauma.

• physical or sexual abuse as a child or spouse
    • war
    • life in a prison camp
    • life as a refugee
    • hostage situations
    • life in a concentration camp
    • life in some religious cults
    ".
    "Symptoms of PTSD can include:

• Hypervigilance and scanning
    • Elevated startle response
    • Blunted affect, psychic numbing
    • Aggressive, controlling behavior (a high degree of insistence on getting your way)
    • Interruption of memory and concentration
    • Depression
    • Generalized anxiety
    • Violent eruptions of rage
    • Substance abuse
    • Intrusive recall -- different from normal memory in that it brings with it stress and anxiety
    • Dissociative experiences, including dissociative flashbacks
    • Insomnia
    • Suicidal thoughts
    • Survivor guilt"

Some of these symptoms really describe how I was feeling while I was in the org. I hope that it will help you too.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit