Apology to Barb & Clarification

by Amazing 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Everyone,

I misunderstood a number of things about what Barbara Anderson did or said. My comments were originally based on my disbelief that she made the remarks that were quoted to me. She and I were just starting to exchange thoughts on this when unfortunately I was strongly challenged in a way that moved me to defend myself, and in the process, my defense may have appeared like an attack. I would never do that to Barb, and I am sorry it was taken that way. I can see how my remarks could be taken the wrong way. So, I then ceased my own defense as the thread was not moving in a positive direction.

I have apologized to Barb personally in email, and have elected to do so in public. I apologize to you Barb for any misunderstanding or comments I made that may have caused any offense. I intended no offense. I admire the great work you have done, and I support what your are still doing.

We have kept our friendship going, even where we may disagree on certain points. It is okay for friends to disagree and continue to cooperate ... that exhibits growth after leaving the JWs and the system of shunning. We stand unified together against those who have permitted or caused harm to the victims of molestation.

Barb Anderson and I both discussed the issues related to my previous thread in detail. We requested the JWN Board that the problem thread be locked and removed so that no more dissenters continue to promote their arguments for or against any point or person. We also would appreciate it that no one post to this apology thread, especially to continue the discussions from the other thread.

After Barb has had opportunity to comment on this post, we would appreciate it if the board Moderators would lock it too.

Thanks for hearing me out. - Jim W.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

modified to prevent adding to the matter

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

okay I've edited my post but I will say I don't know why you have a problem with Barbs ethics when the courts didn't. Smacks of oneupmanship imo

edited to remove C&P data - Lee

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I accept Jim's apology in this matter and we remain friends. I will hopefully be seeing him at the up-coming 2009 - 24th BRCI conference near Chicago where I give a talk on September 19 th.

Getting back to the basics of why we all are here on this board, to learn from one another, I'm going to now plug the BRCI Conference:

Come one and all to the two-day BRCI conference starting on Friday, September 18th and have some fun with people who don't necessarily have the same spiritual beliefs, or maybe even secular beliefs, but who enjoy each other's company and continue to learn and grow in understanding and acceptance of each other's unique personalities and appreciate the gifts of experience each offers.

I will be speaking about Watchtower's leadership decisions that are out-and-out dangerous, some of which JWs have no idea could mean their deaths. It will be a bit different and I hope that I impart some information which will be helpful to listeners.

The Conference will be held at the Doubletree Hotel

800 National Parkway

Schaumburg, Illinois

1-800-222-TREE

Sincerely,

Barbara

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Barbera,

As an ordinary pleb. on here, I just wish to say that I appreciate all the work you have done, and continue to do, to expose the evils of the WT.

I know you have helped many,including my B.I.L ,who is also my lifelong friend, to wake up and see the WT for what it is.

You have,and are, helping to protect innocent children from harm,thank you,and your helpers, for that especially.

May God bless you and yours,

Love

Wobble

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am posting an email from Amazing requesting the following be added to his apology:

Hi Everyone,

Some have asked Barb about my challenging her ethics. I never really attacked her ethics, nor intended to ever question her ethical integrity. I believe that she has high ethical standards. What happened is that I responded to a poster about a "quote" he said was Barb's words. I did not "believe" what he quoted was really from her ... and one time only I mentioned that I did not think sharing sealed court documents was ethical. I was basing that on "my own experience" with court matters and "my own opinion" of what I deem the correct way to handle sealed documents. It was not aimed at Barb or her reputation. It was a way of saying to the poster that I did not believe him. I told the poster that I would contact Barb, and I did. I was about to clear it all up when another poster butted in and accused me of making a charge of unethical behavior against Barb. The spin of that additional poster twisted my intentions. And I fell into the trap of defending myself for a few rounds against that poster.

Therefore, by request from Barb, and I concur with her request, here is what I have to say: Barb, I do not accuse you of acting unethically or of being an unethical person. I hold your ethics in high esteem. And I apologize for any impression that I may have caused others to think differently. It was all an unintended consequence of how events evolved coupled with intrusion by some who do not know how to mind their own business. I trust and hope that this finally clears up the issue, and allows us each the dignity of holding to slightly differing opinions that otherwise are merely small differences among friends. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit