The Secret to attraction

by cattails 3 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails

On another thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/180692/1/Is-this-really-what-JWs-use-to-attract-people

I saw the videos and started thinking about the "Law of Attraction", just recently someone mentioned

to me the book "The Secret". Here's two YouTube videos that summarize the main points:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHORd3UUt00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkN1n5TMXl0

My question to everyone who'd like to comment here on JWN is ...

What are your thoughts on the principles of New Thought and Unity Christianity?

• cattails
    cattails
    I guess nobody thought much about that on here after all.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Jesus said it perfectly when he said 'As a man thinketh, so shall it be".

You can call it New Age, New Thought, Unity Christian or whatever you want. Ther are universal laws in action that respond and work with us, in all that we think say and do.

It oftentimes does not appear that way, for we say one thing, think another and on a deeper level, out gut feelings are saying something else. Example: Youwant to get out of a relationship that sucks. Here is the typical thought and feeling energy behind it:

I need a change. Somethings got to change. I can't keep doing this. I am going to get the hell out one day. I'm miserable. I can't afford to leave. He'll just come ofter me. What will people think? My family will all hate me. My kids will hate me. How would I survive? I'm going to get out of here one day. I'm going to just disappear and no one will ever find me. No one cares about me anyway.

Guess what? You are right. Your life does suck. Something does need to change. You really can't keep doing this. You do need to get the hell out....You are miserable...and on down the line you are these things and the cycle continues.

To you this is normal thinking and experience.

The way you think about a thing is pretty much the way you are going to experience it.

The fuel behind your thought is intention. Remember this for your prayers. That when you pray, that you are not supplicating to God, but giving thanks. Then being clear on what you'd like. Let it go at that point and give it to God to handle. Give reverence to God as you work throught the day, knowing it is Holy Spirit that guides you. Do for others as you would do for Jesus himself. Do not let the days drama suck you down to submitting to it.

The model prayer Jesus gave us is the framework for this.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

This subject is extremely hard for many to grasp, and they blow it off as a muncha hooey. That's ok. One day it will be recognized. Once you are actually aware that this Law of Attraction principal is at work, and of the dynamics behind it, you will know.

It is extremely important that we line ourselves up with God and be supported by the Holy Spirit. In being in alignment with God, powered by Holy Spirit, you are naturally obeying the 10 commandments without them feeling like some set of rules. Experiences from everyone around you, and your own experiences reflect the thoughts being projected. Our world and experience is a result of chaotic thought out of alignment with God, and therefore, our lives reflect that.

You can change certain things within your own experience by changing the way you think about them. Simple. And sometimes not so simple. Exercise it! Work it and master awareness of what is going on in your head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit