DNS & DOS Attacks And Actual Hijacking Of wt's Site

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Maybe this has been covered before but I am wondering if there have been any serious Domain Name System (DNS) or Denial of Service (DOS)attacks or actual Hijacking hacks made against the tower's web site. I was reading a post about how to add comments on the wt web site

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/180536/1/Huge-development-concerning-Watchtower-org-and-apostate-comments

and the idea of an exjw with the proper skills planning or perhaps already attempted such an adventure.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The best anti-JW stuff ever printed rolled off the WT presses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The best anti-JW stuff ever printed rolled off the WT presses.

........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

OUTLAW,

It is funny and it is true.

(See Randy Watters' 'Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses' for details. Excellent resource.)

-LWT

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

DDOs'ing them won't do anything, thank god. You'd just crash them temperarily, but sites get over that easily. And to cast a Denial of Service attack, you'd need every anti-JW on this site to send attacks. And I don't see these people as being literate enough. It's for stuff like hacker communities or 4chan anonymous.

So the most you would do is slow the server down for a few seconds, thank god you can't do any real damage.

• DT
    DT

I think it should stay up. Especially now that it is an "apostate" site for anyone with the right social software. I wonder when they will start disfellowshipping people for associating with "apostates" while on the official Watchtower site.

• besty
    besty

more creative would be to boost traffic to competitive sites like this one and freeminds

look for the and add threads or articles to your favorite social networks - doing this can enhance search engine rankings and will mean hundreds if not thousands of extra visitors to the sites

education, not criminal violence, is our best friend.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am not advocating any kind of criminal activity. I was just wondering if anyone had done it or tried it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Putting comments on their site through legal software is one thing, but I will not do anything to damage the site (illegal, and they can legitimately sue) or to slow down the site (a waste of time, plus it would slow down the whole Internet along with the target). Better to put something that will put a link that will direct people to other web sites or to find a way to post sidecar comments (that is, comments that are on a separate server that come up along with the official site). The goal should be to cause people that are studying to become witlesses to get the real truth before they can be "Satan is going to use these tools to stop you from getting the truth" 'd out of getting the real truth.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

DDOSing is not worth the trouble you would get yourself in for even suggesting such a thing. When a certain group was in protest of Scientology the Scientology site was DDOSed to the point of crashing, but the people that were doing that were organised in several corners of the internet, had been protecting their identities through various means (Good Luck! I'm behind seven proxies! [its a joke]), and then there was a followup of worldwide protest after there was a ton of attention on the issue in addition to harassing different locations of the church.

I was actually in a lot of the temporary "anon" IRC's during this time and it's not as effective as even those groups like to think unless you have a "more than ready to overreact" type of target. WTS would probably only complain internally for the most part and not try to fight back in the desired way (depending on if you are indeed thinking of mimicking a similar event). Scientologists were targeted specifically because of the ways they react to opposition which I will not go into here.

What you would have to ask yourself if you were planning on doing such a thing is "will anyone give a darn?' and "Will it give them more fodder to cry that they are being persecuted?", which some almost enjoy it seems.

There are other ways to manipulate the internet in your favour, with no legal implications.

I'd give you an accounting of how these things go, sadly for the sake of sharing, most of the archived history of these events are on sites with lots of NSFW and offensive material. I did however find the consequences of the DDoSer's actions with some info on the other tactics that they used (black faxes etc). http://news.softpedia.com/news/Hacker-Charged-for-Cyber-Attacks-Against-the-Church-of-Scientology-96009.shtml

The best way to expose someone, is by telling the truth without exaggeration and showing evidence. It often will speak louder and prevent your target whoever they may be from making themslves a victim. It also saves you fines and jail time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit