X-mas morning and the JWs are out

by target 2 Replies latest social family

• target
    target

Every holiday they have to go out and pester people. They are offering the "Greatest Man" book. It used to be hard cover. Now everything is paperback. Some more cost cutting, I suppose.

I never could go out on X-mas and Easter and bother people. It never seemed right.
    I used to feel angry when they came around. I must be getting past that because this morning I just felt pity. If they only knew.....

Target

• Gopher
    Gopher

Target,

I understand your point. My thought is... pestering is pestering, no matter when it happens.

Of course, some people actually like JW's visits, viewing them as harmless messengers of the Bible. (We know different, but not all do.)
    I remember being one of the few who'd actually go out in the ministry on Christmas day, and found many householders wouldn't answer. But of those who did, they seemed more open to a religious discussion --- maybe because it was a religious holiday.

However, I only went out ONCE on New Year's day, and promised myself never again! People had really been partying the night before, and even 12 noon was too early to call on most folks!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• RR
    RR

You forget that this is the opportune time for them to get a listening ear, because most people are in that Christmas mood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit