Hark! ...I Need a Herald Please

by Perry 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Dear posters,

Since I've been out of the loop for about 5 years I was wondering if anyone could comment on the questions below. Also, if there has been any other changes I would love to hear about it. I'm not looking for anyone to do my research...short comments and a little direction would be great though.

When and what was the reasoning behind allowing jury duty?

Has the policy on voting changed?

Whats this I hear about subscriptions stopping?

Is the Awake going to be cancelled?

Is it true that all blood components are allowed now but just not together?

Why was civil service changed? Did it change in all countries? What about all the people who went to prison and died from the policy?

Thanking all of you in advance,

Perry

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Has the policy on voting changed?

yes, no, maybe. Political correctness has siezed our old religion Perry. This is not your father's old mobile. They definately wanted an article they could show gub'mnts that says "we don't prevent our members from voting if their concience allows and the government requires it". Verbally, CO's told us "nothing has changed-- read the article more carefully". The relevant article was a QFR from about a year ago.

:When and what was the reasoning behind allowing jury duty?

Not sure. More political correctness?

:Whats this I hear about subscriptions stopping?

Subsciptions are stopping. They read the edict at the service meeting last week, so I hear.

:Is the Awake going to be cancelled?

I doubt it. That would be far to intelligent on their part.

:Is it true that all blood components are allowed now but just not together?

Pretty much. Maybe not "all" but definately "almost all". Go here for comprehinsive info that all witness should have http://www.ajwrb.org/

:Why was civil service changed?

Since when did the GB have to justify their whims to us? If any 2/3rds of the GB grow a concience at the same time, really good things can happen.

:Did it change in all countries?

I believe so, yes.

:What about all the people who went to prison and died from the policy?

They are all in jail or dead.

Perry, click on my picture and see if you can figure out who I am.

• Richie
    Richie

Perry....

In answer to your questions:
    yes, no, yes. no, yes, no, yes
    no, yes, no, yes,no
    yes, no, maybe, perhaps, no, yes
    definitely so, maybe not, absolutely not, of course!, yes, sorry, no
    yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes!!!

I hope this clears up everything....

Richie :*)

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Six,

That is really bizarre that the subscriptions are stopping. Actually kind of hard to believe.

I see.... the ole' questions from readers routine to change a major doctrine affecting the lives of millions of people. Let me guess, it went something like this: Someone recently asked, "Is it wrong to attend jury duty? And then they went on to give scriptural support for the new GB's decision?

Yes, our old religion has changed...you're right. I miss the good ole days when everything was just plain deeeemonized and all we had to do was hold on a little while longer to see the destruction of the wicked. Remember the old Paradise book? I was studied with in that book when I was a kid. I havent looked in that book in 30 years but I swear I can still see that picture of the wicked going down that big crack in the earth that an earthquake opened up.

I remember one guy was trying to hang on to the ledge. I'm sure someone kindly stepped on his hands to finish their time for the month.

Hey, Check your e-mail ok?

Perry

• Perry
    Perry

Richie,
    I can see you have been keeping up with Jehovahs fast moving organization. Remember the Convention back in the seventies with that big Ezekiel chariot with the wheel within a wheel with eyes all around it?

Those were the days.... hot lunch meals, new prophecy books guaranteed released at every convention.... thoughts from the most high hot off the presses.

Why did the internet have to screw it all up?
    Why did Freddie have to get old and stop the prophecy books?
    Why did the gentile times have to run out?
    Why did the generation have to be extended? I really didn't want to share it with anyone else! Why, Why, Why?

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I can see why they stopped magazine subscriptions. I was at my grandfather's house at the time he got the letter about it. You now need to go and picky up your magazines from the Kingdom Hall or, if you are a householder, you need to get them from the person who calls on you.

Reasons why I think this was enacted:
    1) It keeps apostates and faded ones out of the loop.
    2) You now must come into contact with a person, promoting discussion of Watchtower and Awake articles. (The more you hear something, the more it is drilled into your head and the mose likely you are to believe it.)

• Richie
    Richie

LOL Perry...I think you got my point. Your response was quite adequate that I am "keeping up with Jehovah's fast moving organization", so I am more confused than ever today LOL.

Take care,

Richie :*)

• teejay
    teejay

Richie?

Your post cracked me up. You are definitely Watchtower writer material. They're looking for a few good men like you.
    -----------------------------

Perry?

You ask too many questions, buddy. You need to go back to waiting on Jehovah. What's happened to you?

Seriously though, I remember the Paradise book also. Funny that you would mention that one picture of the earthquake and people falling into it. I forget how, but that came up this weekend in talking with my sister. Looking back, that was a horrible book to study with little kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit