Found Out I'm a JW urban legend...

by Tuesday 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I don't think I've said but I have a sister that's a bit older than me, well actually 9 years older to be exact. About a year ago we were discussing our whacked out childhood and she started talking about my mother at meetings sitting with a guy that she was interested in. It kind of made sense to me because my parents got divorced around the same time I was born, my father ended up with a live-in girlfriend shortly after, my wife always tells me that couples don't split up unless they have another person in mind. So it basically fit that my Father had someone in mind and so did my mother.

My sister tells me about this guy who seemed like a nice guy, he was really interested in my sister and playing with me (since I think I was 2 or possibly a bit younger at the time). She said my mother really liked him, he sat with us at meetings and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the guy kills himself. Apparently he left a note, but my sister didn't know about the note or anything.

So cut to last week, I've been contacting people from my former congregation left and right. One of the guys I contact tells me about this scandal in my old hall where a guy who was accused of being a child molester (apparently there were some witnesses) killed himself, there was a big thing in the hall because he was dating a single mother with two children. I couldn't believe it, after the obligatory "Holy Shit!" I had to connect the dots. Only one guy had committed suicide in my hall, and he was dating my mother at the time. Now I've heard that story quite a few times since being on the ex-JW boards, the child molester who got away with the crime is dating a single mother with a small boy (that he can go after) but he's confronted by the elders has remorse and kills himself.

Who knew, I'm the urban legend.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Tuesday!!! Praise guilt!!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Guilt saved my ass... um... LITERALLY!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I love a story with a happy ending.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's a good story! Glad you came out of it okay.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is:

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

"Guilt saved my ass... um... LITERALLY!"

LMAO!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Cool story. But I take issue with this:

couples don't split up unless they have another person in mind.

NOT true. Sometimes you just leave because your mate is a creep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit