Removed and Dissolved?

by startingovernow 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

In the past I've heard of whole bodies of elders being removed/DF'd and entire congregations being dissolved. Anyone know any verifiable account of this happening - details please!

• besty
  • wobble
    wobble

A Circuit Overseer told me that on his first visit ,on his own,to a Congo , he had to remove the whole body of Elders,due I think to a child abuse and cover up issue,but he wqasn't specific about that, or about the location.

He said he thought it would spell the end of that congo, but the bros pulled together and with the help of neighbouring congos got back on their feet.

An all too rare event in my opinion,if they removed all the non-spiritual, non Christ-like men they wouldn't have many left.

love

Wobble

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

There was a congregation in Ontario, perhaps bumble bee or mouthy will recall, some where near Sarnia/kitchner area I think.

A young sister was murdered and it was covered up for many years. Finally when it came out that a brother had killed her

the congregation was disbanded it was too much for the town to bear.....

h4o

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

In the early 80s I personally know of a whole body of elders being removed for not having enough hours in the field ministry. The congregation was not desolved, but the CO brought elders from other congregations in to replace the removed ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit