Possible GB Visit, Barr None at my KH Dedication?

by sd-7 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I skipped my Triple Threat meeting last night, but my mom told me that someone from the Writing Department would be speaking at the dedication of our new (that is, year-old) Kingdom Hall. She mentioned someone named Barr--I can't verify this, but I know John Barr is on the GB. So is it possible that Big Brother himself will be at my Kingdom Hall?? Well, we'll see. I actually want to skip it, after realizing that staying up all night all those times to make sure our cult bricks weren't stolen was for nothing. (That was where I found out from another brother that my DF'd ex-girlfriend was pregnant. Nothing like finding that out from somebody totally random and unexpected. Nearly drove me to drinkin'.) But...guess I might have to.

Supposedly, there was a resolution about buying a $17,000 monitor to put in the other side of the Kingdom Hall (it's a double) so the other folks can see what's going on and for future pioneer meetings. Divided up between 6 congregations, of course--but oh wait, we need $17,000 before September 1st! I found that to be a pretty unusual request. Well, maybe not, all things considered. Of course, one cannot help but notice the irony of calling for a vote in what is a hive mind/dictatorship. Clearly a meaningless gesture.

Well, on the plus side, at least now I don't give 'em my money or that much of my time. The KH is in Maryland--any of our eyes in the sky out there heard rumors about this?

(I doubt you care, but I haven't forgotten my upcoming '1984' discussion. I forget who it was that had a discussion of a similar topic, but it was a good thread.)

See you around.

SD-7

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

A $17,000 monitor???

• sir82
    sir82

The dude (Barr) is like 97 years old - I'd be very surprised if he still travels.

But then again, if he did travel, every suckup in a radius of 500 miles would try to attend - which might explain why they want teh expensive monitor, to be able to use both sides of the KH.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Born in 1913. He would be the only GB Bible Student left above the ground.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    A $17,000 monitor???

That's exactly what I was thinking. What is it, a jumbotron or something? Come to think of it, since these bastards are so fond of telling abused children and battered wives to wait on Jehovah, why don't they try doing the same thing when they need money?

• yknot
    yknot

A freakin' monitor!

......Great, why don't they just start sending talks by the "GB and Bethel Elders" via skype too!

I wonder if the monitor costs are an attempt to regain some of that 3% they lost over at RBC central!

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Oh, please go and take an audio recording to post here. I've only been to one KH Dedication. The Bethel visitor went on and on about how if this congregation didn't forgive each other they wouldn't be acceptable to Jehovah. Since I wasn't fron the congregation that attended the hall, I figured he must know something about them that I didn't. Over the years I wondered how much of his talk was from the outline or just his own thoughts. So please, record and post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit