Why JWs like Science Fiction

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Because it's the a bettter story then they know/

In the 1800 Jules Verne wrote alot of Science Fiction most of which came true....

Back tot he Future is remembered today as it's 2015 and we all know hoverboards and flying cars are supposed to be here... remember that futurists are not GOD lol

I don' belive in god but still this is a wierd subject

Many JWs love Scie-Fic... Why?

The fist part of that name is science which contains biological evolotuion.... If aliens exist ... and I think there are many species... they evolved...

JWs have a nutcase idea of watcing Scie-Fic wthout agreeing with a simple concept... I agrue..... THEY CANNOT ENJOY THE MOVIES!

Many like Star wars. THey ahould be Buddists or more lokley Taoists..... Since the 'force' is a concept of these religions including Quantum Myticism,,,,

Where ia Jehovah there?

As a JW I personally was a SF fan but accepted JW by felt they weren't 100% right....

Of course once you see the truth about ERV's and Chrmosome #2 it bye bye morons mentally....

Why do many JW elders even like Science Fiction?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

HowTheBibleWasCreated - "Back to the Future is remembered today as it's 2015 and we all know hoverboards and flying cars are supposed to be here..."

Can't speak for the hoverboards, but Nike did make a limited run of power-lace high-high-top sneakers not too long ago.

And flying cars do (sort of) exist; you just need a pilot's license to drive 'em, and they cost at least as much as a high-end sports car but don't look nearly as cool...

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I wrote my book, The Monorails of Mars for the specific target audience of JW's who are Sci-Fi readers.

I pulled in the ethos of Edgar Rice Burroughs and H.G. Wells to create an alternate universe

in which Pastor Russell's "witness in stone" and his becoming the "mouthpiece of god" could be seen

for the truly bizarre and alien concept it really is. 

As you say, JW's are very big on science fiction because they already live inside the bubble of a weird landscape in which invisible beings surround them. A cataclysm awaits in which sinister, alien forces clash over the fate of mankind.

My hope was to re-context the means by which Russell and Rutherford and Knorr, et al, could make such

peculiar and even laughable assertions about Truth and the future.

Whether or not I succeeded, I can't really say for certain.

I have placed my book in the hands of active JW's whom I knew in advance loved the genre.

Out of the 25 or so I gifted, I never heard back a single word one way or other.

I thought to myself, "When I was the most active as a JW, if somebody gave me a book such as this, would I read it?"  The answer I had to give was, "Hell yeah!"

If it weren't for horror and science fiction I don't think I'd ever have become a Jehovah's Witness.

For real!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You are right about J W's & sci -fi .. I notice over on JWtalk that they decry the "occult" and magic & supernatural stuff but fiercely defend Star Wars & Star Trek. One of the mods over there has an avatar of Locutus of The Borg. That is funnily appropriate in an ironic way.

Perhaps one has to have an open mind and imagination to accept the J W teachings of the future?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit