Order 66

by sd-7 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

It's probably been asked before, but I'm curious. Oh, and hi. I'm back again. Somehow. Anyway, simple question: would JWs take up weapons and kill people if the GB told them to, using 'appropriate scriptural backing'? Remember, I'm not asking if it COULD happen; that's a debate for another day (and I'm willing to argue that it probably couldn't happen, not without significant preparation of the minds of the R&F to accept it). I'm asking, if the GB gave the order, would people do it? Or would they finally wake up? Your thoughts...

SD-7

P.S. "The Watchtowers! More than meets the eye! Jehovah-Bots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Aposta-Cons!" Unnecessary and probably not even funny, but it's been on my mind for awhile and I just had to say it...

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I'm asking, if the GB gave the order, would people do it?

The WTS has already lamented in print in the Watchtower magazine itself that governmental laws prevent them from murdering their enemies. The fact laws exist on the books is exactly why the GB hasn't ordered it to happen, because THEY would also be prosecuted and imprisoned. They have no problem with their lowly worshipers going to prison, but they DO have a big problem with THEMSELVES also going to prison.

The GB is willing to sacrifice ANYONE'S LIFE for "Jehovah." Anyone except themselves, that is.

So, that is an unqualified "yes" answer to your question.

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have to agree with Farkel on this. The WB&TS has shown no qualms when it comes to the rank and file risking their freedom and lives, and if the governing body had no chance of being imprisoned or killed, they'd probably get their rocks off by having apostates and opposers killed. And the rank and file would march in line to do so.

• trebor
    trebor

The Watchtower, November 15, 1952, page 703, Questions from Readers:

"In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshipped [disassociated], how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. . . Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshipped from his congregation."

The message to Jehovah's Witnesses above is a family member should be killed as they were exterminated (Stoned to death) for apostasy among "theocratic nations". The only things stopping them are the law of the land and God's law through Christ. Basically, too bad such laws are in place or else we would stone our apostate fleshly family members to death!

-Trebor

• Edington
    Edington

I could never kill another human for anyone whether GB, FD, WBT$ or SS.

ED

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Linda Kasabian went on Manson's missions but didn't kill anyone and wasn't very happy about what was going on.

All of the others got on with the job with great gusto.

If you listen to Manson Family members discussing Manson and their lifestyle, you will hear the same excuses for Manson and their lifestyle that you hear from JWs defending their staying with the Truth.

I don't think I have a single family member who has not made an excuse that I have not heard from the Family.

I carry a Buck

• Mary
    Mary
    The GB is willing to sacrifice ANYONE'S LIFE for "Jehovah." Anyone except themselves, that is.

Bingo. If the GB had been living in Malawi in the 1960s, I'm pretty sure that carrying a 'party card' wouldn't have even been an issue had they themselves been faced with billy-clubs.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Would they ? Could they? these nice smiley people who bring their kids around the doors......

I have considered this too. I believe that it is possible....IF

A small elite group were selected for special training...IF the training and conditioning were clever enough (That can be done with any group of people as has been proved) I have known a few whom I am sure would do it.

But a lot of others within would be repulsed, and realize that it was totally wrong and walk away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit