Is God Justified....

by cameo-d 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

in teaching man that if he has done something wrong that all he has to do is put his hands on the head of an innocent animal/person to transfer his sins to it (rather like the cootie game children play) and then cut it's throat?

Does it appeal to your sense of justice to let someone else take the blame for something you did?

Do you believe this is the way a just god should behave?

Do you agree with this teaching of blood sacrifice?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cam,

To my mind anyway,,, an All-Wise Being would certainly have better things to do than bitch about sins in the first place, don't even think he would bat an eye at or wince if we committed a sin and therefore doesn't even care if we sin because he;s got much more entertaining things on his mind. If he is all knowing then we are just part of a infinitely broad scenery covering all time and all universes.

Good questions btw.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You'd think a loving god would be able to think of "time-outs" or something besides killing. But I suppose the smell IS very soothing, can't really blame him I guess.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only if He is also justified in creating a problem for mankind where none existed, and then create a bogus "solution" that supposedly costs Him a great deal to make Himself look like a f***ing hero when He is the villain in the first place, and then use that as a pretext to demand exorbitant sacrifices of time and resources from mankind. And have written stock stories (which could easily be lies) in lieu of real fulfillment of real needs in this time.

That Almighty Lowlife Scumbag is not justified in anything at this point.

• glenster
    glenster

It depends on whether you refer to "just" from God's reference or "just" from
    the various frames of reference of people. The God concept comes with God's
    prerogative--it's just for Him to do with everything as He wants, and He's not
    all-beneficent or we'd all live in heavenly circumstances forever. The animal
    sacrifices weren't the neccesary way but were one imaginable way for followers to
    show their devotion or apology by sacrificing something they own. How good or
    long a life He gives people, if any, and whether He wants to draw them to
    Himself or not or if so how, and if so how to show their devotion, is all fair
    game and becomes just on the level of God's prerogative.

And sometimes they got hamburgers out of the deal. Now if they had to kill
    cute little pup dogs, that would be disgusting.

• read good books
    read good books

Pass the buck, isn't that what the Bible's God does, oh he gave you a free will but if you choose to use it...somebody has to pay and hey it ain't gonna be the most powerful one God, it's always the weakest the little lamb, or the stupid bull. Just like the elite who wrote the Bible, who are eugenicists and have a long history of trying to get rid of the weakest people in society.

A side point it's to bad people have to eat meat to survive, it kinds of just makes us part of the animal food chain, survival of the fittest. No different than sharks or lions. I have been a vegetarian off and out but I think you need to eat a little meat to stay healthy.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Is God Justified

Whatever the rest of your post is, I won't even bother to read it. It isn't necessary. This query that heads your post is all that is needed.

What higher authority justifies God? DOES ONE EXIST?

BTS

• 504deist
    504deist

in teaching man that if he has done something wrong that all he has to do is put his hands on the head of an innocent animal/person to transfer his sins to it (rather like the cootie game children play) and then cut it's throat?

your assuming god teaches this. does he really? who told these people to do this? other people that claimed to speak for god. this does not make it so. people claim to speak for god all the time. they then get followers and use it to their advantage.

Does it appeal to your sense of justice to let someone else take the blame for something you did?

Do you believe this is the way a just god should behave?

Do you agree with this teaching of blood sacrifice?

no, it doesn't and no i don't. which is why i reject he god of the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit