Is there an After Life ?

by Finkelstein 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A large segment of the WTS doctrines is contained in the proclamation that there will be an extenuating every lasting life

on earth for a select majority and a smaller select portion who are going to reside in heaven with God and Jesus Christ.

JWs are influenced to live their lives that is true and advantageous to live accordingly around that proclaiming assertion.

A purposed theory based from ancient mythological beliefs.

To be noted there are other theological beliefs in the after life from other religious beliefs separate from Christianity.

Here's a rather candid discussion on the concept of an after life that I thought was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCjy52h0hc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for posting, some succinct answers to nonsense from the great Hitch, and others.

Very informative.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nope.

The concept of an afterlife is intertwined with the belief in a moralistic god who rewards or punishes people based on their behavior during their present life. Without such a god where will our immortal souls go to? It is possible to believe in a god that doesn't immortalize humans and it might even be possible to believe in immortal souls without believing in a god but difficult questions will arise from such beliefs like:

"Are all animals immortal?"

"If not then when did human like creatures before Homo Sapiens become immortal and why that species and not another one more primitive than it?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Video Finklestien..

The Guests were all intelligent enough to say "They Didn`t Know"

Hitchens was the real surprise,it was the 1st time I`ve heard him speak..

Everything I knew about him,I`ve read about from his fans..

A lot of them aren`t that bright..

He`s far more intelligent than some of the people who support him..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What I got from out this discussion is that it would much better for humanity to press on with trying to improve the human experience, to the best of are ability and let us not be emotionally persuaded in the acceptance that are sufferrring until we die is theoretically imposed by a purposed god's arrangement and that we should therefore wait for this god's (Jehovah) will and purpose for us on his own sacred time .

Of course this is coming from someone who has had deep involvement with the Jehovah's Witnesses religion.

• Louise
    Louise

Who knows. I told asked my uncle and gran before they died, that if there is something more after this physical life to let me know.

I'm still waiting.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I know for sure that there is an 'After one learns TTATT' life. It's the most liberating of lives!!!

SL

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I did not see the video because I'm on my phone. But if he didn't mention it, it was a real eye opener to read the Egyptian cofin text, or pyramid text, book of the Dead as the texts are also called and find out that the ideas of a resurrection based on one's heart condition, ones spirit going to heaven, and living in a paradise are all from this ancient religion. Christians just stole the ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit