30 seconds or less?

by startingovernow 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Shortly before I stopped going to meetings the Bible highlights part had changed to include comments from the audience of "30 seconds or less." It never ceases to surprise me that with all the meetings I used to go to, I learned very little of the Bible, but more of how we as JWs were supposed to live. When the BH part was changed, it only got worse. After the meeting was done, I couldn't remember any point that stuck out from the BH, other than the fact that the conductor would praise everyone for keeping their comments to 30 seconds or less, as if that was what was important, and not God's Word. It seems people would go off in any direction with their comments, and a lot of times I had no idea what their point actually was, but boy, if they were able to come under time, that was surely commendable. Is this still how it is these days?

• caliber
    caliber
    After the meeting was done, I couldn't remember any point that stuck out from the BH, other than the fact that the conductor would praise everyone for keeping their comments to 30 seconds or less, as if that was what was important, and not God's Word.

This reminds me of how people used to come back from Assemblies and tell it was wonderful .. I should have been there !

So I would always asked them.. "So what were some highlights and new thoughts you learned ? "

All to their embarrassment could never remember a single point to share with me. At which point I'd say "I guess

I really did missed alot" .... . ( It appears making an appearance is the all important thing !)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit