Why I could not be a JW

by littlebuddy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• littlebuddy
    littlebuddy

I could not be a JW because of the following. I am very weary of churches, org,etc that are so controlled, with little freedom of thought that any expression of difference and one could be on the way out. Also I feel the JW's have the wrong Jehovah, wrong Jesus, wrong Holy Spirit, wrong view of salvation, who goes to heaven, the lost, how the lost spend eternity, wrong view of Israel, the 144,000, birthdays, etc. There is so much I disagree with I could never even entertain the thought of being one of them. While they might be decent people all and all, they are very much given over to the leadership and whatever they say.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

*Takes off my cap and hits you in the head with it* Nah just kidding Little Buddy, welcome to the board. :)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Cool!

What brings you here?

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

My guess..?

"I'm going to be honest with you. I hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality, whatever you want to call it. I can't stand it any longer.
    It's the smell. If there is such a thing. I feel.. saturated by it. I can taste your stink. And every time I do I feel I have somehow been infected by it,
    it's repulsive."
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome littlebuddy! I agree with you. I could never sign up because it never added up. They wanted to subjugate me and I couldn't do that to myself. I knew they weren't of God if they wanted to do this. The WTS/Jehovah's Witnesses are 'a destructive religious cult'.

Good one Vachi 8 He Is! These lyrics from Pink Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine" fit well:

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    What did you dream?
    It's alright we told you what to dream.

• Farkel
    Farkel

littlebuddy,

: Also I feel the JW's have the wrong Jehovah, wrong Jesus, wrong Holy Spirit, wrong view of salvation, who goes to heaven, the lost, how the lost spend eternity, wrong view of Israel, the 144,000, birthdays, etc.

Is that all? Shoot. That's little stuff. They've got the MAIN points right:

1) The Governing Body always speaks for God.

2) Sell lots of books that praise their leaders

3) Build monuments to themselves

4) Destroy all members who do not agree with them.

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you hate religion, you will hate being a Jehovah's Witless. If you are doing as they want (and if not, you will be hounded until you are), you will be spending hours and hours every day thumping the Bible. You will be dressed up all the time, while talking about God and Jesus (at least, what their littera-trash says about God and Jesus). On top of that, you will be going to "church" twice a week (even if they don't call it church and claim it's different, they still preach salvation from God). You will be spending (wasting) more time doing research in their Bible (as if a regular Bible wasn't bad enough) using their publications. I don't call it "Family Waste the Evening night" for nothing.

As if this wasn't bad enough, they would threaten you with destruction, dissolution of any friendships, and endless houndings if at any time you decide it isn't for you or try to slow down. Miss a boasting session, and Brother Hounder is likely to want to know why. If your field circus time slips, same thing (yup, you are going to be spending anywhere between 10 and 70 hours a month telling others about this religion, or getting hounded to get more time in). Plus additional time researching, if a householder has a question about the religion.

Definitely, this religion is Not Acceptable for excessive time wasted studying and spreading it, and for not even being true to their own Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit