Jesus let me down! I can no longer trust anything he says.

by ThomasCovenant 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Watchtower 1980 15th October Questions from Readers

''We can be happy, therefore, for Jesus’ assurance

that there will be survivors of “the generation of 1914”—

that this generation will not have completely passed away—

when the “great tribulation” rings down the curtain on this wicked world system''

Jesus assured me it was the literal generation of 1914.

Now I can no longer put my faith in anything he says.

Either that or the Watchtower messed up.

• alanv
    alanv

Considering that the 1914 date is based on false chronology and the Watchtower have shown they haven't a clue what was meant by the words 'this generation and the great tribulation' I think I will put my trust in Jesus

• Edington
    Edington
    Matthew 18:5-7 (New International Version)

5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7 "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

I wonder if the writers of the Watchtower quoted above by ThomasCovenant can feel the millstone around their necks for saying such misleading things in the name of Jesus???

Jesus meant it would be better for them to face this outcome than the judgement they would receive from God.

Ed

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Nice catch Thomas,

I didn't know about that one, and I do have hard copy of it.

Thanks

Chris

• aniron
    aniron

Considering that here in Britain that the last member of the armed forces from 1914-1918 has just died at the age of 111.

There can't be many of that "generation" left.

No wonder the WT have to keep juggling with the "generation" teaching, they are running out of those who were of the 1914 generation.

With no one alive from that period then, out goes another of their prophecies. Once more proving them false prophets.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I can't trust Jesus or Jehovah anymore.

True - the Watchtower mislead me for years - but J and J left me in their grasp and never showed me the way out until I found it myself. I never had an answered prayer.

So, I suppose I feel the same about it as you - except for bigger reasons.

Jeff

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

It seems to me that either Jesus was having me on or the Watchtower was.

I would like to use this quote next time I speak to a Witness to show why I stopped going to meetings.

But I would stress to them that it was my faith in Jesus that was lost because he lied to me

not my faith in the Society who would never have got this wrong and would never lie to me.

They can't have it both ways.

Either Jesus was wrong or the WT was.

Which is it brother?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I told my son about the time Jesus vandalised the fig tree. He gave the excuse that it should have had fruit. When we got home he looked it up and discovered that I was correct, that it was out of season, and no fruit was to be expected.

I still haven't had anyone offer me a half decent excuse for this act of random vandalism by the son of the 'Almighty'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit