ARE THERE ANY MORE ABSURD THINGS TO BE DISCOVERED IN WT PUBLICATIONS?

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Page 241 of The Finished Mystery(1st edition) in its interpretation (bold face print) of Revelation 16:9 (yellow highlighting)

"And [they] blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues.--Misrepresented the name and character of the mighty one, Pastor Russell, to whom the Lord committed the task of presenting to His Church this meat in due season."

Pastor Russell = God as well as the "faithful and wise Steward". I'm sure this has been discovered but I haven't seen it discussed.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Yep. On the 1st and 15th of each month.

But seriously, in my research I got to a point where I felt I was wasting time looking for more. Like, "OK I've found 974 quotes and errors that couldn't possibly be attributed to an omnipotent God, and show the org. to be nothing but a man-made mind control cult. Let's look for #975." So from the perspective of proving the org. wrong, it's soooo not necessary to find more. But, I still get a chuckle when someone points a really good one out that I've never read before.

• badboy
    badboy

SO CT RUSSELL IS GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF?

TELL ME MORE!

TELL ME MORE!

• villabolo
    villabolo

SO CT RUSSELL IS GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF? TELL ME MORE!

I wish I had the means with which to scan those two pages (241,242) of the Finished mystery. Maybe one of our scholars could. They are very careful to say mighty one not almighty. In any case here are some more jewels from what is the worse publication ever put out by the WBTS:

Pages 165 and 166 offers, in a rambling schizophrenic argument, proof partly based on Rev 9:18 and an ancient anatomy book(1618) that the founders of Christendom were bald men. The logic is, according to the book, that hair is formed smoky vapor in your brain coming out of the pores where they are transformed into hair. According to the interpretation of the authors a bald man is one who's pores are clogged up leaving no exit but the mouth. Therefore the smoke comes out of their mouths fulfilling Rev 9:18. You got to read that garbled nonsense direct from the Finished Mystery to realize that these authors were clinically ill.

Page 334: Rev 22:6: "And he--The same angel mentioned in Rev 1:1; 19:9,10; representing Pastor Russell beyond the veil." So, according to the authors of The Finished Mystery, their beloved Pastor was the angel of Revelation 1:1 and a few others.

villabolo

• steve2
    steve2

Any more absurd things to be found in WT publications?

I once opened a copy of Rutherford's 1930s tome, "Jehovah" and a squashed, long-dead coackroach fell out- it wasn't exactly absurd but it came pretty close. I did wonder how much of the Judge's message it hasd abosorbed before it was squashed flat. I suppose it was a little like some of the witnesses in the 1930s who read Rutherford's publications, couldn't quite swallow what he wrote and were subsequently squashed by Brooklyn?

• villabolo
    villabolo

"I once opened a copy of Rutherford's 1930s tome, "Jehovah" and a squashed, long-dead coackroach fell out"

Steve2, that roach was Rutherford in his reincarnation.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Absurd?

How about God’s voice (Watchtower) teaching Witnesses that demons take protoplasm of a spirit medium’s body to extrude it as ectoplasm shaped to form a human appearance? Would that qualify?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit