HELP keyboard and mouse problems

by Lady Lee 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My mouse refuses towork properly. When I click on a link it refuses to open. When I click on a button (like START or FILE) the drop down box refuses to stay open long enough to click on a link

When I try to do a search it keeps erasing what I have typed in the box. When I try to click on REPLY for my email the box flashes and closes although I did get it to open once and then it sent it into drafts.

Programs won't open when I click on their buttons. And when I did get word to open I couldn't save the file.

I can't copy and paste unless I can use an EDIT button.

But oddly I can play games on the internet

• I have tried Win XP Recovery Console and it said it fixed one or maore files.
    • I have done a systen restore twice to 2 different restore points.
    • I have changes the mouse for another and the problem is still there.
    • I have changed the settings for th emouse with no change
    • I have checked for viruses, trojans, malware, spyware, whatever-ware and everything comes back clean

I have no idea what is causing the problem and short of reformating the drive I have no idea what else to do. Even searching the internet is next to impossible because typing in a search engine just deletes itself before I can finish typing the words

I have NEVER heard of anything like this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I can't respond the PMs either so if you sent me something I can read it but not respond

• BirdFood
    BirdFood

It sounds like a key on your keyboard is stuck down, try cleaning your keyboard and pay extra attention to the "esc" "enter" and "backspace" keys.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The only time I've ever had this problem, is was because the mouse was defective, but you're saying you've changed out the mouse so that would rule that out.

Have you tried to uninstall the mouse, reboot and reinstall upon start up? That used to work on an old laptop where the sound often crashed.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Have you tried prayer? You may have some corrupt device drivers. I'd most likely visit the manufacturers website and download the latest. Unless it's hardware defect, that should fix it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Birdfood

Awesome The Esc was stuck. I think I have the problem solved.

Yup I can type in the Google search now

I can copy and paste with a right click

I can use Windows Explorer again

Thank you so much I can even use emoticons again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit