I hate it but have to be patient

by wha happened? 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Wifey and I were talking. She got into the cult thinking that morality is worse than ever.

I asked her....

As a women do u have more or less rights from a 100 years ago. Answer? yes

As a human do we not have better health care? Answere? yes

As a black women do u not have better education options? Answer yes

As a women in general, Nobody can walk in and rape u without penalty. Are we better??????

I hate this fucked up cult that teaches the positive as negativre

• Humanist
    Humanist

Hubby's patience worked for me.

I was brought up in the cult from the age of 5. I always had doubts as a kid, but I knew I couldn't investigate anything for fear of being viewed as 'apostate' and disappointing my family and friends.

Later on I married a JW and we had children who had a close relationship with my parents, so I put my doubts to the back of my mind and just carried on with JW life.

When my husband dug around on the web to investigate his doubts, he didn't try to bombard me with all his findings, he simply asked the odd question which he knew would get me thinking.

After a few months of subtle comments and questions (eg. Is the 607 date correct? paedophile issues, UN membership, scientific inaccuracy of the Bible - all the usual stuff), I finally had the courage to sneakily do some research on the web.

I just looked at him one day and said, "You're right!" We then had a few anti-studies with our little girls and explained to them how we'd got it wrong. We just faded as a family.

Good luck to you, please keep trying, but don't be too confrontational.

• alanv
    alanv

Absolutely spot on. Witnesses love to tell you about anything on the news that is negative. I would bet anything that at the moment they are going round the doors telling people that swine flu is a clear sign we are in the time of the end.

Like you I have to be patient. My son is still in. The bottom line for me is, would you rather live now or say 100 years ago. They have no sensable answer. We are so much better off now than anytime in the past. This week in Britain we have had two of our eldest men die. One was 111 and the other 113. Compare that to 100 years ago

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

My parents are the same way. They constantly talk about how horrible this world is, meantime they live in a lovely home, vacation at least 5months out of the year, have great health care, 3 vehicles and a stocked pantry. What more do you want out of life? Being patient is all you can do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone that thinks that this is the worst time in history is hereby invited to travel back to the year 1000 AD, right in the heart of the First Dark Ages. Swine flu anyone? Want to go back to around 1350 AD and see a real pandemic of Plague?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit