Show your blood card and get a ....?

by startingovernow 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

I am trying to remember for what reason I had to show my blood card at a DC in the early 90's. The only reason it sticks out to me is I remember the comment being made from the podium that many of the cards of JWs were not in fact signed, and therefore would not offer "protection." The fact that some JWs did not have their card signed is of interest to me too (after all, why bother having it if you don't sign it?), but I'll start a new post on that

Anyone remember this, and what specifically was given after your blood card was checked?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think not signing the card was a way for people to secretly not comply with the blood ban. A passive aggressive behavior.

Regarding showing your card at the conventions and other JW places... it is basically used as a "proof I'm a JW" ID card.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Not the same thing but when I was a pioneer 10 years ago, there was a local restaurant who gave a discounted meal to ministers on Sundays. Showing your pioneer card got a discount.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The only time Watchtower had DC attendees show the blood cards was in 1993 when we had to show them in order to get a copy of the newly released Proclaimers book. Everyone did not have to show their card. Only those who had been baptized for at least 10 years were qualified, which was the reason we were told to show our cards since they had the year of our baptism.

Marvin Shilmer

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Ah, thank you! I thought it had something to do with the Proclaimers book. Although you've confused me even more. I remember distinctly standing in line, but I had not been baptized for 10 years at that point. Did they specify the 10 years before they had us get in line? I would think I would remember standing in line and not getting a book...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Show your blood card and get a ..... Free Hot Dog?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

As long as the inventory of Proclaimers book held out announcements were made making the book available to Witnesses baptized for fewer and fewer years until they ran out. It started at 10 years baptized and moved downward from that point.

Marvin Shilmer

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Ah, thanks again...you sound like a wealth of information, could have used someone like you many years ago!

• oompa
    oompa

swamp butt?....it is nasty.......oompa

went 4-wheelin today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit