Different stance on a bible study

by God_Delusion 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guy's,

I have a friend, that like me, is an atheist. He is baptised and is also married to a witness. He can't take being in the cult any longer.

I am also in the same position, but fortunately, I had a discussion with my wife about the 1919 issue. She completely understood and so now we don't go meetings. I feel so free.

Unfortunately, my friend's situation isn't as fortunate as my own.

I have recommended to him that he has a family study. This family study should focus on literature that has been published by the WTS only. The best way to open witnesses eyes is with their own literature. As soon as you introduce something else, it's viewed as apostatic literature, no matter how logical it may be.

So come on guy's (and V), please help me compile some articles that will open the eyes of his wife.

Regards

GD

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When the student is ready, the teacher will present himself.

Have you read Hassan's books?

When you're dealing with victims of Thought Reform, it's not about reality/details/dates/doctrines/theology. It's about empowering people to think for themselves. People love Liberty and will reject tyranny when they see it for what it is.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, you can't force this one. The answer that you will get is that the light keeps getting brighter and we understand more and more as it's revealed. So even if you have Jesus himself right there in your livingroom explaining all of this, they will not budge an inch until they are ready.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The best thing to open eyes is having a study with ONLY the Bible, no WT, no A!, none of the literature. BIBLE ONLY! Then, if they aren't ready to see the light, they still won't budge in their stance that the WTS has all the answers. They may say that one could not possibly understand the Bible without the literature.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

The thing that got my wife to think was the 1919 issue.

I simply asked her to allow me to show her what the WTS said about 1919 (Jesus selected the Bible-Students as his representative here on earth, etc, etc.).

We then took a look at what the Bible-Students back then believed in. The WTS literature showed that they believed in something completely different to what they believe in now.

My wife was shocked, and that was the turning point. For if Jesus had chosen those few, who back then believed in something completely different, then the current bunch can't be approved by Jesus.

Once I saw the barrier come down, I explained to her that the parable of Jesus was told to many religions before he apparantly graced the earth. She now to is an atheist, although goes to one or two meetings a month so that she can please her mother.

I really do think it would be great if someone could create an actual fact-sheet of information that uses direct references from the WTS literature to disprove their own cult teachings.

If there is such a concise list, please PM me or post it on here.

Cheers

GD

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I really do think it would be great if someone could create an actual fact-sheet of information that uses direct references from the WTS literature to disprove their own cult teachings.

Randy Watters has done this.

"Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses" is available at the Free Minds Store.

It's composed of photocopies of the WT lies and deceptions, straight from WT publications.

I cannot recommend it more strongly.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Another good resource is "Captives of a Concept", available as an inexpensive PDF download or hardcopy.

This short book is singularly focused on the WT lie that Jesus selected them in 1919 -- above all other religions.

Go here: http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/AboutTheBook.html

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

God_Delusion you have a pm. (The little envelope in the top right corner of the screen.)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

If there is such a concise list, please PM me or post it on here.

When the following site was in Canada, the WT had it shut down -- that's how powerful it is. Well, many copied that site and various sites around the world popped up and hosted the same files. Nothing but quotes (with enough surrounding context to be fair) from their own literature.

http://qwotes.info/index.htm

Len

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

http://qwotes.info/index.htm is the best thing out there.

Cheers guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit