Emotional blackmail in this cult sadly works

by troubled mind 9 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Last night my husband and I were out having ice cream @ Culvers when we noticed a group of JWs coming in after their meeting .

It seemed a celebration for one family. We saw the father of the family was all dressed up and associating with everyone . He had DA'd himself over 20 yrs ago and has been blacklisted from family and friends this whole time .I guessed last night was his reinstatement to the cult .(Confirmed by his daughters facebook account this morning) We have known this family over 25 yrs . and I am sure he came back in to be able to freely associate with his adult witness children and two young grandchildren . Sad the family used emotional blackmail to force him back into a cult life he really doesn't have faith in .

• cognac
    cognac

Sad... That's why so many of us are still in...

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think probably most that go back, get reinstated, is because of family. I can't blame them. I recommend a small book by a former JW, "Going Undercover- To Rescue my Daughter" by Nancy J. Sage. I wish there could be a movie on that.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am so thankful my children and husband are all out with me .They are the only family members I couldn't live w/o . I get worried sometimes that one of them will go back .

• freddo
    freddo

The silver lining to this dark grey cloud is that he will be a cancer from within. You cannot go back to believing once the scales have dropped from your eyes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet this has something to do with their reporting more than 7.1 million witlesses--if 6.9 million of them are coerced like this, it should not count. And no wonder so many of them are dogging field circus.

• babel on
    babel on

cognac, how long have you been out??

• babel on
    babel on

I ask because I have a friend that lives in Gloucester Ma, havent heard from ina while!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I guess I know this blackmail very well....

It is so hard to be alone and out from this cult...the most irritating thing is the latest issue of the WT (public version)that says NO ONE SHOULD BE PERSECUTED for changing a religion by family members, and no matter what family bonds should never brake...

GB makes me vomit

• flipper
    flipper

TROUBLED MIND- And what is so eerie about this is how witness relatives after shunning this guy for over 20 years and treating him like crap- can turn the switch on emotionally and get all huggy, feely, sentimental automatically and think that it's REAL LOVE they are showing him ! It's weird. The Jehovah's Witnesses form of what they call love is really just " Conditional acceptance ". If a reinstated person stops going to meetings once back in - the family would go back to shunning him as if he was DFed again. I know, been there done that. Am there doing that. It's a sick and twisted interpretation of what real love is.

When I was reinstated years ago I felt odd that the same relatives who were shunning me- now showed outward alleged " love " without shame. Wish they had felt shame for shunning me before. Then I might believe the outward expressions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit