A Hare Krishna Member Visits Australian Bethel.

by Bangalore 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

A member of the Hare Krishna movment visits the Australian Bethel. Here is his account of the visit.

http://krishna.org/a-society-based-on-literature-distribution/

Bangalore

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I wonder if the Hare Krishna left there thinking, "What a strange group of people. Why can't they just pass out flowers like a normal cult?"

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This was my favorite line:

although the public seem quite disinterested in their literature they distribute an enormous quantity of it world-wide.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wonder if he wore the appropriate attire on his visit?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting, his personal analysis about JWs being like atheists.

Is that so, that the magazines printed are about 40M/monthly. Is that globally? Or, was that just for Australia?

• poppers
    poppers

It is quite bewildering to me. In many ways they are preaching the same thing as the atheists. The atheists claim there is no life after death. They claim one simply dies. The witnesses agree. The atheists claim there is no eternal soul. The witnesses agree. The atheists claim there is no Hell, the witnesses agree. The atheists say everything happens by chance and there is no karma involved in any suffering we may experience. The witnesses agreeā€¦

Well, he got this wrong; everything doesn't happen by chance, it's due to Satan. I guess they weren't being upfront with their explanations - anyone surprised?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit