The Star in Bethlehem

by nativenyr23 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Ok. I have a question. i was raised JW - actively in it for the first 23 years of my life. God, i remember at 13 thinking all i wanted to do was grow up and work at BETHEL; PUKE! Anyway, i grew up.... Then I too started to ask too many questions, did my own research, and have been happily out for about 10 years now (officially out 10). However, I still have very strong ties as my entire family is still in (only 4 of which speak to me). So it's difficult.

I remember being taught that Satan put that Star in the Sky when Jesus was born, so that they'd find him and come kill him. However, I couldn't find reference to this in the NWT??? Where did this story come from!? Just curious. And i don't think i have the attention span to read entire bible to try to find the answer myself.
    Thanks.

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

If you mean, where is the reference to Satan putting the star there, then there isn't one. It's reached by reasoning, which goes "If leading the wise men to the baby in the manger would mean that herod, who wanted to kill that baby, finding him, then it cannot have been sent by God, therefore it was sent by the devil."

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• DouG
    DouG

Just remember when you assume you make an ass out of you and me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit