Hi, from old new poster

by Beachwalker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Hi, I have posted on the old website, and took my time deciding to join up here. My story is at -

http://www.freeminds.org/sociology/marriage/my-story-marriage-to-a-jehovah-s-witness-sociopath-ends-with-a-better-future.html

Long URL, not my fault!

Why am I here? From my story you can see that I have 2 sons, now aged 30 & 28, neither of whom talk to me. I look at this site because it gives me hope that one day they'll wise up.

Most days I never think about them, but occasionally it's like an ache that won't go away.

To people who think jws are right, I can say only this - would Jesus have ever said to his mother if she had decided to stay a Jew and not follow him, "Well, sorry, but I'm not talking to you anymore".

Beachwalker

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hi there! I didn't speak to my sister for years due to her being disfellowshiped.....I have apologized for my actions and have made up in the last year or so....a huge mistake on my part....I told her I was brainwashed.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I read your life story.I felt a lot of it was part of MY life.Elders telling after a beating
    to go out more in service,maybe we would win them over
    I am so sorry about your sons. What a truly wicked organization it is.
    Thank you for sharing... So pleased to read your happy now in a relationship
    Welcome "home" .We can just hope out children see the "LIGHT"( mine is entrapped also)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome Beachwalker,

Our marriages were similiar,

my ex is/was not a witness though,

I have a deep respect for anyone

that gets out and survives an abusive marriage.

I hope your kids do come around, hang in there.

Kudos on being happy.

purps

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome back. I too lived with an abusive jw husband. I left him and the cult when my "worldly" co-workers heard him threaten to kill me when I got home from work. Although I lost my mom to the cult I have a stable, happy life. The shunning is painful, but at least I'm free of being mind controlled and terrorized. I'm sorry you have the pain of losing your children.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Beachwalker... welcome back! I am glad you are no longer in an abusive marriage.

We stay because we hope... we hope this person who once vowed to 'Love, Honour, and Cherish' us ... will. And when there are children involved, it adds to the emotional turmoil. Being a JW just made things worse for you as it seems the men are not held accountable in this cult. One more reason I could never join up. Subjugation and abuse of women is unprincipled... but somehow justified by the Bible in this farce.

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Thank you everybody, this is what I'm talking about, there are others here in the same boat!

Beachwalker

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi beachwalker - welcome back

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hi beachwalker.

I read your story. You were very brave to get back out there and live your life. I am so happy that you have a measure of happiness. I hope that one day your youngest son does "wake up" and want to see you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit