Swine Flu-1, Jehovah-0

by Mastodon 8 Replies latest social current

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Back home (Puerto Rico) things are starting to get bad with the Swine Flu.

I just heard that, yesterday, the sister of someone I used to know in the bOrg, died. She had the H1N1... and she was at the District Convention the day before (sunday). I guess that putting the 'Kingdom' first and trusting Jehovah is not as smart as taking Tamiflu...

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The story above is truly sad......

but the title of the thread is a hoot. Thanks for the laugh.

Snakes ()

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Aside from my opinion that the entire Swine flu thing is a hoax of gigantic proportions [not to say there isn't any swine flu or to diminish it's effects on those that are directly affected], the fear of it's attack might cause fewer households to open the door to those nosey Jw's on Saturday mornings these days.

Jeff

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ak-jeff:

the entire Swine flu thing is a hoax of gigantic proportions [not to say there isn't any swine flu or to diminish it's effects on those that are directly affected],

regular flu is killing many more people than swine flu. Bad for you if you get either.

Snakes ()

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Agreed, snakes.

That's my point. H1N1 is insignificant in terms of mortality compared to the 'regular' sort. We are making a mountain [worth billions of dollars] out of a molehill.

The fear might be a good thing though - esp if it gets some Jw's not to attend convo's or householders not to answer the door.

Jeff

• The-Borg
  • Mastodon
    Mastodon

I think the whole 'pandemic' thing is because of how fast and far it has spread, not because of how 'deadly' it is. It's deadly as the regular flu and just as treatable. And of course, anyone with a compromised inmunity system is more at risk.

I just find it odd that this JW, who as I hear it, knew she had it, did not took appropriate care of herself, and worse, attended the Convention, on a Sunday no less, the day that's usually more crowded.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I just find it odd that this JW, who as I hear it, knew she had it, did not took appropriate care of herself, and worse, attended the Convention, on a Sunday no less, the day that's usually more crowded.

Don't most jws want to prove how spiritual they are? She was probably thinking of that instead of her health and that of all the people she may have infected.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Since I've seen Holier than Thou Witnesses go to meeting with the flu, colds, even mild cases of pneumonia and bronchitis, not to mention other communicable ailments just to show how spiritual they are, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Common sense and ordinary courtesy are not always valued above demonstrating your righteousness in front of others.

We have a flu season every year in America, usually in the fall and winter months when people spend more time indoors and children go back to school...the main concerns about this one is it may be worse than usual, and they may not develop a vaccine quickly enough to get it out to the public in advance of the flu season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit