"Sermon Outlines" found a copy in a drawer

by Decided 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

My wife was cleaning out a drawer and found this old booklet from my JW days. I didn't remember ever seeing it before. Anyone remember it?

Ken P.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Ken,

I vaguely remember Sermon Outlines from the 60s when I was a kid. Sunday morning "Sermon Work" used topics which included three scriptures from that booklet. The Reasoning Book was produced later to handle questions and responses and could be used openly. Sermon Outlines was always hidden in your book bag.

3rd

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, a plain paper cover booklet. A jw can choose various subjects for his morning presentation. A few scriptures for each subject. Kind neat, in a way.

S

• Scully
    Scully

I remember that book from the late 60's - early 70's. They replaced it with Reasoning from the Scriptures.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Yes I remember them, I glued mine into the front of my light green bible,

I cannot believe how keen and eager I was on the service in the early 60's

fokyc

• Decided
    Decided

I've flushed my mind so well from all the JW stuff that I can't remember much about it anymore, well to be honest, I can't remember much of anything anymore. Y'all did describe it perfectly though.

Ken P.

• nelly136
    nelly136

might be a collectable on ebay :)

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was a kid when we used that booklet. I remember using a rubber band to attach it to the back flap of my green Bible.

• Matty
    Matty

Actually, Reasoning From The Scriptures was sort-of a replacement for the book Make Sure Of All Things rather than Sermon Outlines.

Sermon Outlines later changed its name to Bible Topics For Discussion. When they revised the NWT in the early 80's they integrated it within the new Bible and gradually as people's old green bibles wore out the Bible Topics booklet stopped being used.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I remember the "Bible topics for discussion" booklet.

Blast from the past!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit