spice girl had jw mum

by nelly136 1 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
  • sf
    sf

..."Geri, a UN goodwill ambassador,..."

"Tuesday, March 13, 2001
    from the mirror
    Geri's decision to disclose details of her shady past as a warning to errant kids may have more repercussions than she bargained for. We can reveal that the former Spice Girl now faces a lifetime ban from America thanks to strict US rules on who can enter God's own country. Ex-Big Breakfast star Johnny Vaughan is not allowed to set foot in the States because he served a two-year jail sentence for cocaine possession. And now 28-year-old Geri could be joining Johnny in exile. Officials at the American Embassy in London indicated yesterday that they want to interview Geri to decide whether her convictions for shoplifting,theft and handling stolen goods mean she should be banned."

" A US spokesman told us: "Anyone convicted of a crime has to come in and be interviewed by the embassy. It's a misconception that the US has a blanket ban on all visitors with criminal convictions. We do have room for flexibility. But if someone has convictions they have to see us before they travel to America."

" . Geri's American dream has also encompassed trips to New York as a British "ambassador" for the United Nations' Population Fund."

"Geri well remembers her own life as a virtual latch-key kid on Watford's South Oxhey estate, then the largest council estate in Europe. She reveals in her autobiography, If Only: "As a child I used to go to my mother each day and ask her, Who's been the best girl today? I wanted her to say, You, Geri." Mum would leave the house at 6am to do her cleaning jobs while Geri's often-violent father would stay in bed."

" "I'd make my own breakfast then kneel on a stool at the kitchen sink, looking in a mirror and trying to get the bunches straight in my hair," she said. "I'd ask Dad, Do they look straight? and he'd grunt something unintelligible; if he wasn't still in the bathroom, clearing his throat and spitting into the sink."

"She'd make her own school lunch and try not to look at what treats her schoolfriends' mums had put in their packs, like crisps and Marathon bars. Treats were few and far between in the Halliwell house. Mum was a Jehovah's Witness who didn't celebrate Christmas or birthdays. And too often there was the threat of violence from Geri's father."

=====================================================

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit