No difference between Jonestown massacre and WT teaching

by JWinprotest 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Can someone tell me what the difference is between Jim Jones convincing 900+ to kill themselves by injesting poison and the Governing Body convincing 7 million to die should they need blood to save their lives. I don't get why government doesn't put them both in the same light.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Same cult crap.

Fortunately, 99% (or some large percentage) of JWs will never need a lifesaving transfusion.

• The Berean
    The Berean

While Jim Jones was highly visible and thus accountable for the calamity in Jonestown, the GB has become masterful in protecting the identity of the those who destroy the lives of millions. The Elder arrangement is an extention of that cloak of secrecy, being able to assisinate the character of any in the congregation and hide behind each other. It's kind of like that old arcade game where there are many holes from which a rubber heads randomly pop up as someone trys to hit them with a mallet before they drop back to cover. I believe that this is one reason so many exJWs remain angry ... it is difficult to identify exactly who was to blame for the poison they feel they have been served.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Joseph Stalin said, "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic." Governments are more likely to take note of statistics than personal tragedies.

• ziddina
    ziddina

The WTBTS has more - and better - lawyers...

As Shakespeare said in "Henry the Fifth", "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers..."

Whoops. "Henry the SIXTH". I meant SIXTh...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wheee! Double post! Zid

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

In Jonestown 900 died in one place at one time. I've read somewhere that 9,000 jws die every year over the blood transfusion ban, but I can't find the documentation anywhere. If it's correct, the 9,000 a year is less impressive to the press and the governments, because the 9,000 are dying individually at different times in different places.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I think another problem might be that the cause of death in some cases can be contested by the society. A doctor can only speculate whether or not a blood transfusion would actually save the person's life, and that opens the door for the WT legal department to swoop in for the kill......pardon the pun.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Like JWinprotest said - its hard to say how many really die from not receiving a blood transfusion. Its not a cure for anything, its just a treatment. ie. If you get shot 7 times, did not receiving a blood transfusion kill you?

It pales in comparison to the Catholic Churches condom prohibition in Africa. Over 2 million people a year die of AIDS in Africa. But apprently making Catholic babies is of greater urgency.

All religion kills. By comparison JW's are just amateurs.

C. T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit