So lets stop talking about what we can't do...

by Mickey mouse 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

...and discuss what we can do.

What could we reasonably do that may loosen the stranglehold the WBTS has on it's membership?

How can we effectively educate JWs about other cults and the way they operate?

Is there a way to get this information into their collective psyche?

Here's my first idea to kick things off:

We know JWs watch youtube. We know the majority will avoid anything that appears critical of the Watchtower.

How about making a video which at first glance portrays "knowledge that will help us understand the householder" but will actually put across information about how other groups use mind control to stop members examining their religion? Kind of similar to an email idea I had previously. I'm no good with the technical side but does anyone think this would work?

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Hey Mickey, I like the way you think....outside the box. I have been brainstorming too, but what I run into is fear of change, fear of retribution, fear altogether. Not in myself...but others.

I posted a wild concept last week that went on the back pages in a short while. Of course it really WAS a wild hair---Mass Exodus of the WTS all in one day. If everyone who had so much as a single doubt, let that be their guide and get out! If the entire family went, and friends and anyone who wanted to break free but were too chicken, that would be their chance.

I wonder how Jesus would answer your idea?

• homeschool
    homeschool

I'll tell ya what I did....my sister was over at my house & she was looking at all the books I own. I gave her the one about Elissa Walls, entitled STOLEN INNOCENCE. It discusses the FLDS cult/church out in Utah & there are a LOT of similarities between them and jw's. Yes, of course, jw's dont believe in polygomy or child brides (although they tried to make me commit to marrying my boyfriend when I was 17). There were so many subtle similarities (which are covered in Steven Hassans Combatting Cult Mind Control). Its been a few months since I read it, but there were many times I cried for that author, and for myself. Ya just never know when that lightbulb moment will come for our loved ones. Obviously showing aggression and hatred towards the WTBT$ will not be beneficial, so maybe being as subtle as possible will work.

....I'm pretty sure nobody in my family watches YouTube

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit