Mother Katherine Opens Up about Family

by Dogpatch 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Mother Katherine Opens Up about Family

from: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/07/mother_katherine_opens_up_abou.php

Posted by ExtraTV Staff on July 14, 2009 2:12 PM

Katherine Jackson is caring for her three grandchildren now that their father Michael is gone. When he was alive, Katherine stood by MJ through his various tribulations. In interviews from "Good Morning America," the 79-year-old talked about her late son, her relationship with husband Joe and spirituality.

The interviews were shot before Michael's sudden death and even then, Katherine was hurt by the constant media coverage of her son. She told cameras, "Sometimes I listen to the television and they say ugly things about your children, it hurts." Jackson added, "People don't care how they hurt you. They should be careful what they say."

It's reported Katherine and Joe Jackson have been separated for 15 years. The Jackson matriarch admitted she lives in Los Angeles and Joe is in Las Vegas, but says "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Katherine recalled meeting Joe, saying, "I just had a feeling that he was going to be my husband. The first time I saw him I fell in love with him."

Jackson remains a devout Jehovah's Witness and says she does field service three days a week. The Jacksons raised their nine children as Jehovah's Witnesses as well, and Katherine confesses, "I wish they were a little more spiritual."

• willyloman
    willyloman

She may go out in FS three times a week but no JW should make the mistake of thinking she does the same kind of time as they do. She is quite a celebrity among dubs and treated with deference. Her FS experience is unique. She travels with a protective entourage. She doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do. She does not get the kind of disrespect many JW women receive when their children all (or nearly all) "leave the truth" or are DA'd or DF'd. Those other mothers are marginalized by the organization and most of the people in it.

Ms. Jackson may be a "sister' but she lives on another planet. This does not mean I don't empathize with her. Losing a child is a difficult burden.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I heard when MJ came to the KH he also had a large entourage and security. I think the only security I have ever seen at the KH was the teenagers directing traffic at the so-called Memorial. I feel bad for Katherine and I hope that Janet would adopt her niece and nephews.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    She does not get the kind of disrespect many JW women receive when their children all (or nearly all) "leave the truth" or are DA'd or DF'd.

Or whose husbands are "not in The Truth".

Very good point.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

What she does not tell is that she cannot divorce Joe without scriptual grounds, so they are seperated.

That's assuming Joe is being faithful, he was not in the earlier years of their marriage.

purps

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I heard when MJ came to the KH he also had a large entourage and security.

Back in the early and mid-80's, MJ was in the same congregation as my parents. At that time (and up to his DA announcement), he did not have entourage. There *may* have been one person with him a few times but usually I saw him alone. A few elders (mostly Flem Astrup and Dick Lucas) would chat with him but not a large scene or excessive security.

This may have changed in very recent years (last 8 - 10) when I understand he attended once in a while.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit