sometimes i am just mean ....

by troubled mind 4 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I really don't want to be really I am mostly sweet ,kind,lovable and understanding in every way ......only sometimes a mean streak raises it's purty head and I exude meaness .....

This past week the JW in-laws came up from Florida to visit . When they lived here we were very close ,I thought , but of course we were still active then too . Now that they live so far away and they only come to visit once a year we have drifted apart . My father in law is an Elder . When they come 'home' they never stay with us only with mother in laws worldly brother . Which actually works out best for us .

Anyhow whenever we do see them they always end up bringing up witness stuff , assemblies , their new witness friends , our old witness friends in the hall here . This time she had taken pictures of family at the meeting (relatives mind you that for the past four yrs, have completely cut us from their lives ) So I am suppose to endure looking through all these fake smiling people ....instead I speed through w/o a word or emotion and then start asking her "OH btw how is so and so " I hear he has had a drug problem and emotional melt down or what happen to pioneer princesses son ,didn't i hear he got busted for stealing and is now living with his gf " Her jaw dropped and she affirmed my questions then tried to change the topic .

I know it was mean ,but I am sick and tired of them glamorizing the pioneer family members and glossing over the real problems developing with in the congregation (there are so many here taking prozac and anti psyc drugs they should invest in the drug manufacturers) the young adults are fleeing or living double lives by the truckload .

My youngest son refuses to be available when they come to visit because they make him feel like crap .They show no real interest in his life only a fake artificial interest and then they talk about their spiritual paradise ....

Well now thanks for that vent I feel better

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Yeah it gets NAUSEATINGLY old. When I had my daughters graduation party last month, ALL the JWs stuck together like June bugs around a porch light. And I heard my VERY INACTIVE husband saying things like "Yeah I remember one time when we were out in service...." and "Didnt you appreciate the first day of the convention this year when they..." I seriously almost hurled.

Its all they know. Its a la la la la land.

You were REAL. They dont know REAL.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I kind of like your husbands strategy of just shining them on. Even better if you know they know he is BS'ing them. If they try to bore in just shut them down by changing the subject.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm sorry you're having to put up with that type of treatment. I know what you mean.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

You are mean sometimes because you are not being true to yourself. You are living somone else's truth for the sake of keeping peace and being respectful. You don't like being fake. You don't like the chatty gossip and the sugary sweet brotherly love crap that makes you want to tell them to shut up and go away. Been there. I still see it in my JW sisters. Gla I am OUT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit