Is donating blood apostacy?

by Quirky1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Inquiring minds wanna know...

• blondie
    blondie

I would think that donating blood falls under the same category as blood transfusion--disassociating yourself.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Is donating blood apostacy?

Only if the blood itself has somehow turned apostate. Non-apostate blood should be perfectly acceptable. Ask your elders about this. They know everything.

Farkel

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Farkel, you are a crazy dude...

• wobble
    wobble

Write to Brooklyn and ask,I would love to see their squirmy reply !

Love

Wobble

p.s along the lines of "seeing as a number of acceptable fractions are only obtainable from donated blood,is it not our Christian Duty to look after "widows and orphans" in this way?"

I reckon they will say "as we have no control over how the blood is used,it could be transfused and save an apostates life for instance, it would be inappropriate for mature christians to donate whole blood"

In other words,if you clever fu**ers can find a way to donate fractions we will sanction it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I hear celebrating your birthday is apostasy; so I guess donating blood would be considered that...

So what if you donate blood on your birthday?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

wobble, since you're guessing at the society's answers, how do you think they would respond if you pointed out that donating blood is no different than giving governments our tax money? Sure they use portions of it for unchristian means, but we give back for what we get, right?

• musky
    musky

You cut yourself on that power saw again . Didn't you?

• donuthole
    donuthole

I know of young sister who donated blood. She told the elders that while she was donating the blood she prayed to Jehovah asking that he make sure the donated blood be broken down into fractions for Witnesses that might need them. She was disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit