If you do live in a very large home..........

by asilentone 9 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you do live in a very large home, would you prefer to have your bedroom upstairs or on the main level?

• truthlover
    truthlover

how large is large, I live in a two story

upstairs is fine with me

TL

• sacolton
    sacolton

First floor. I'd be too paranoid worrying about what's happening downstairs. My friends house has the master bedroom upstairs and the kids rooms downstairs ... that would drive me nuts.

• oompa
    oompa

i used to have three story........like single level much better......game room at one end........master at other......cant hear from either one.....plus i am all ready for wheelchair accessible......barf, that is pessimistic.............oompa......so much for hope of never growing old

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't live in a large home, but my bedroom is on the second floor. I'd actually prefer a bungalow because of my knee and back injuries that occasionally come back to haunt me, making the stairs a bit of a pain. It's also a pain repainting the stairwell every so often.

W

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Our house is medium sized, andI have a bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.It's very handy for people like me that have physical limitations. It also makes it easier for company to use the first floor bathroom instead f having to go upstairs.

• compound complex
    compound complex

For your own future consideration; this is my home ...

Dear Sassy Stuart,

I live in a split-level home - six levels to be exact - and find that, with advancing age, I have some difficulty in negotiating all the stairs. When I built this dream home some 20 years ago I gave no thought to getting older and slower and gimpier. Apart from the sluggish housing market, I really don't wish to move. I guess I'm putting off the inevitable till I'm forced out of my otherwise perfect home.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I might make my home more functional to my current needs?

Thank you.

CoCo

Dear CoCo,

I feel for you as I am myself negotiating four levels in my present domicile. From my own personal experience, therefore, I would suggest you make your living/working/eating arrangements on the mezzanine.

You can screen off your sleeping quarters from the living area or simply install a day bed, i.e., an attractive seating arrangement by day that becomes a sleeper immediately upon your tossing the throws, bolsters and stuffed bears and bunnies par plancher. This, obviously, requires no architectural redesigning of the general quarters.

Where you might presently have stationed seldom-used furniture pieces, relocate in their stead a largish work table. It need not be ugly as concentrated sin to prove its functionality. Its surface area should be capacious and unadorned by needless encumbrance and frou-frou. It is only for your endeavors, whatever they should prove to be.

If you must use other floors of your maison, you will need to look into the eventuality of a mechanical human conveyance - a lift. Or hire two burlies to provide for your ups and downs.

Ever and ever yours,

Sassy Stuart!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Our house is medium sized, andI have a bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.It's very handy for people like me that have physical limitations. It also makes it easier for company to use the first floor bathroom instead f having to go upstairs.

I have full bathrooms on every floor, and it's great because of my limitations. It was a deciding factor when I bought the house.

W

• ferret
    ferret

We live in a five level six bedroom home. With advancing age I also would like a bungalow. It seems bo matter where you go in the house you are either going up or down the stairs. Our bedroom is half a floor off the main level, so not really too bad.

• oompa
    oompa

ferret...five level??......is it a frikkin treehouse??.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit