Tobacco use while in uniform should be prohibited, Oh brother!

by Leprechaun 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

"Any tobacco use while in uniform should be prohibited," What a bunch of bull crap, can you imagine being on the beaches of Normandy in world war 2 with bullets flying and your hunched down in a bloodied caldron trying to stay alive, and you pull out a smoke, and your sergeant says to you: better not private!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/11/smoking-ban-strike-military/

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I know and admit that smoking is bad. But WTF?

When I first heard about this I was pissed to say the least. Those men and women who are putting their life on the line for our freedom are under enough stress. If they want to smoke......they should be able to smoke. What are they supposed to do when a roadside bomb goes off? Get in the lotus position and chant? PURE BS.

In more peaceful areas, they should still be allowed to smoke in whatever designated areas are available.....even when in uniform

When I was in the Army 1966-1968 we always took smoke breaks. It was a given! Then we "field stripped" the butt. There was no smoking at night while any platoon was doing a "Charlie" patrol though. In that pure blackness, a flicker of light could be seen for a long way.

I wonder who the asshole is who came up with this idea?

HappyDad

• dinah
    dinah

Ridiculous! I saw this on the news this morning. So you can get your ass shot smooth off, but you can't light a cigarette? Is THIS what they are fighting for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit